well I was reading a thread about a pocket watch and can you identify the watch history and in conversation I mention about how I had been looking at pocket watches so I could do a conversions so had been looking at this maker's watches..

so the question is how easy would it be and what are the hidden troubles you might encounter...

so first the dial and mechanism..

It would need to be a side winder for simple easy as I would like it to have a sub-second ideally at the six position or nine would be acceptable I suppose

so if we use a side winder then it can be a straight swap out ... unless I have over looked something ( and I could well have )

now the case and crown this is were I am wondering what sort would be best I mean you have the obvious welding on of lugs or quite liking the drilling two small whole on either side and have a pan type screw catch bar ...

or do we go for a wrist watch case if so what type would work best as it is a conversion I would not mind using new or old as it a Frankenstein it would not matter

so price let's keep this to a bit of fun so cheap if works ... then step it up a level maybe ....

this is something that I having been thinking about it for some time and probably will be an age before I do anything if ever

but would like to see what member's think of it and if they have done it and there thoughts on any things I might have over look and I'm sure I have probably over looked a few
here is the sort of thing I was thinking