Likes Likes:  209
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a G-Shock

Thinking about a G-Shock

Mainly because it would be nice to be able to wear something for golf, or just for other activities where a mechanical isn't suitable. I like the idea of solar powered ones, so battery changes aren't necessary (at least not for a long time), and would want an analog/digital with proper hands. Also a rubber/resin/plastic strap as opposed to the pricey bracelet models.

I've never considered a G simply because they are so huge (except for the ladies' models, which I would consider in black except none are solar). However, I saw this one, that seems to tick all the boxes. The only rub from on line reviews is that some people say the subdials are too hard to read. Not super important for me, but a small factor. However, it's a smaller size, solar powered, and syncs to atomic clock, which is also nice, but is still cheap. Any thoughts from the experts? Model is AWGM100B-1ACRName:  G-Shock AWGM100B-1ACR.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  46.8 KB

2. Likes iyonk, Spooky liked this post
    well yes there are a few of the smaller one for men but even some of the larger ones can come up not as big as they look the GA-100 does not have some of the features you mention but it would fit your golfing and what not as it takes all things and looks good doing it but . hmmm just try to think of one that does it all maybe one of the square g would suit as some of the models have most them feature as they are call tough solars just trying to remember some of the codes it's the next one up from a dw5600 I think ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well yes there are a few of the smaller one for men but even some of the larger ones can come up not as big as they look the GA-100 does not have some of the features you mention but it would fit your golfing and what not as it takes all things and looks good doing it but . hmmm just try to think of one that does it all maybe one of the square g would suit as some of the models have most them feature as they are call tough solars just trying to remember some of the codes it's the next one up from a dw5600 I think ?
    Yeah, I looked at the GA100's but battery life is only two years, and they are bigger without being that much cheaper. Obviously don't have the atomic feature, either. Not really interested in the square guys (sorry, Iyonk!) because I want analog hands.

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Yeah, I looked at the GA100's but battery life is only two years, and they are bigger without being that much cheaper. Obviously don't have the atomic feature, either. Not really interested in the square guys (sorry, Iyonk!) because I want analog hands.
    don't think I have changed the battery on mine and had it longer then that ok if you want hands limits a bit your op choice is not to bad had a couple how bout this one AWG-M100

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    hmm is size and look really but how about a

G-1400-1A

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

or a Casio G-Shock GSTS110-1A G Steel

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    or possible casio G-shock gw- 2000

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

don't think I have changed the battery on mine and had it longer then that ok if you want hands limits a bit your op choice is not to bad had a couple how bout this one AWG-M100

Essentially the same as the one I picked; that one is the predecessor, same functions and size. I think I like the look of the newer version better, although the subdials on this one might be easier to read. Still available on line, but not listed on the G-Shock site, so must be discontinued.

or a Casio G-Shock GSTS110-1A G Steel

Good one! That was actually my second choice, but twice as much money. The other two you suggested have dates at 4:30.

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Essentially the same as the one I picked; that one is the predecessor, same functions and size. I think I like the look of the newer version better, although the subdials on this one might be easier to read. Still available on line, but not listed on the G-Shock site, so must be discontinued.
    yeah thing is the stealth ones I don't get and think some times it's harder to read but that's just me but if you like the first one they ant terrible expensive try it if not for you flip and try a different one till you find the one that suits there only a dozen or so that hold all the specs you want so yeah could do worse there a fair few on the bay still of the one , well was when I last looked
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 7, 2017 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

16. Likes mlcor liked this post