Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recycling, do you mind?

Recycling, do you mind?

After making +6k pictures of my watches (all with my phone, with varying success), i recently started to recyle some pictures from time to time. Do you think it's ok to recycle pictures of your watches? Some of us are geniuses when it comes to making pictures, but i don't belong in that category, and sometimes i just can't get my watch on a picture...

Name:  images.png
Views: 135
Size:  1.3 KB

I recycle lots of my watch pics. Frequently, I just don't have the time to take a fresh pic for the daily threads. I know that in that other forum, several members got all bent out of shape if the WRUW pics weren't taken that day, but whatever. Having/posting some "stock" pics of my watches works for me.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

For wruw one of each is nice - a shiny, touched up stock image and a fresh one. One can take perfectly good photos with a very basic camera phone so there's no excuse for bad ones though!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    ...I know that in that other forum, several members got all bent out of shape if the WRUW pics weren't taken that day....
    That's exactly why i was wondering about this topic. It seems i am still traumatized from how rude some people could be in "the Old Place" I'm glad that people here are so relaxed and friendly, it increases the "family-feel" of this community

6. Likes popoki nui, Der Amf, JAGtime liked this post
    i use images that I took years ago sometimes! I certainly do not take new photos every day.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

8. Likes I-B, hayday liked this post
    well with the wruw I try to do one for that day but then it becomes one of my stock photos so if in a middle of a conversion and that watch is beening talk about then I would use the stock pic .. and some times you just get a really good pic that you want to use a lot.

so I say what the hay a nice watch pic is a nice watch pic do we need to think any further than that

I would not blaze someone with a wrong date on a pic lol yes probably I would think it was a stock pic but hey if you busy it's better then no pic so I still say enjoy the pic's and dat what counts
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

10. Likes I-B liked this post
    I guess it's much easier for tapatalk users to snap a wristie and post it than those who don't. And then there are some very strange people like @Little Big Feather who don't even have a phone, let alone one with a camera

I don't use Tapatalk, so it takes too long to take a picture every day and upload it etc. I tend to have a stock of suitable pictures to use.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

13. Likes I-B, JAGtime, hayday, ilitig8 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I And then there are some very strange people like @Little Big Feather who don't even have a phone, let alone one with a camera
    has LBF never posted a picture? I read a lot of his comments, but i never payed attention on him posting pic's...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    I don't use Tapatalk, so it takes too long to take a picture every day and upload it etc. I tend to have a stock of suitable pictures to use.
    I also don't use tapatalk, so the procedure i follow is:
    -make a phonepic with photobucket.
    -open photobucket on my desktop
    -find the picture i uploaded
    -copy the picture in my photomap
    -open IWL
    -click insert image on the topic i want to post in
    -search in the miniature pictures wich picture i want to post
    -upload
    Last edited by I-B; Jan 18, 2015 at 08:35 AM.

15. Likes OrangeSport, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    has LBF never posted a picture? I read a lot of his comments, but i never payed attention on him posting pic's...

I also don't use tapatalk, so the procedure i follow is:
    -make a phonepic with photobucket.
    -open photobucket on my desktop
    -find the picture i uploaded
    -copy the picture in my photomap
    -open IWL
    -click insert image on the topic i want to post in
    -search in the miniature pictures wich picture i want to post
    -upload
    Oh no he has. Using a camera, I presume.

17. Likes I-B liked this post