Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recycling, do you mind?

Hybrid View

Recycling, do you mind?

After making +6k pictures of my watches (all with my phone, with varying success), i recently started to recyle some pictures from time to time. Do you think it's ok to recycle pictures of your watches? Some of us are geniuses when it comes to making pictures, but i don't belong in that category, and sometimes i just can't get my watch on a picture...

Name:  images.png
Views: 135
Size:  1.3 KB

I recycle lots of my watch pics. Frequently, I just don't have the time to take a fresh pic for the daily threads. I know that in that other forum, several members got all bent out of shape if the WRUW pics weren't taken that day, but whatever. Having/posting some "stock" pics of my watches works for me.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    ...I know that in that other forum, several members got all bent out of shape if the WRUW pics weren't taken that day....
    That's exactly why i was wondering about this topic. It seems i am still traumatized from how rude some people could be in "the Old Place" I'm glad that people here are so relaxed and friendly, it increases the "family-feel" of this community

4. Likes popoki nui, Der Amf, JAGtime liked this post
    rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    That's exactly why i was wondering about this topic. It seems i am still traumatized from how rude some people could be in "the Old Place" I'm glad that people here are so relaxed and friendly, it increases the "family-feel" of this community
    Was on the receiving end of this...ive stopped doing wruw shots since.

6. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post

I feel like you will be safe here.....

8. Likes I-B liked this post

Please, please continue here.

Boo on them. Post away!

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I recycle lots of my watch pics. Frequently, I just don't have the time to take a fresh pic for the daily threads. I know that in that other forum, several members got all bent out of shape if the WRUW pics weren't taken that day, but whatever. Having/posting some "stock" pics of my watches works for me.

~Sherry.
    +1 Sherry. Exactly my thoughts.

For wruw one of each is nice - a shiny, touched up stock image and a fresh one. One can take perfectly good photos with a very basic camera phone so there's no excuse for bad ones though!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

13. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    For wruw one of each is nice - a shiny, touched up stock image and a fresh one. One can take perfectly good photos with a very basic camera phone so there's no excuse for bad ones though!
    Speak for yourself. I can take a bad pic with my phone, easy.

I try to take a new one each day, partially because it's easy using my phone with Tapatalk, and partially because I've been inspired by Jane to try experimenting when I can (sometimes not possible, especially on work days).

i don't have anything against people recycling, though.

15. Likes JAGtime liked this post