Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recycling, do you mind?

Since I tend to wear one watch a majority of the time, I like to take fresh pictures that show different aspects of that watch. (Otherwise, it would be completely boring and maybe still is, even with new pics!) I have no problem with anyone re-using pics they have previously posted. We all have limits on our time. And besides, it is just a nice ritual to see what watches others are wearing each day.

Jane

2. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I recycle a lot of the time, as I feel that a pic is something that reinforces the point I want to make in a post, rather than an indication of my photographic ability (or lack thereof.)
    I don't participate a lot on the WRUW posts since my collecting interests are not primarily what I wear everyday anyway.

Name:  992B.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  23.4 KB

This is not a particularly great photo of my grandfather's Hamilton 992B, but it does illustrate how a Canadian railroad watch would have a 24 hour dial in addition to the classic railroad hands and big Arabic numbers. Since my son-in-law now owns this watch it's hard for me to get a better photograph.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

4. Likes JAGtime, Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    Was on the receiving end of this...ive stopped doing wruw shots since.

Please, please continue here.

I generally only take a fresh picture if I've never been happy with the original or if I change a strap.

But then I also stick to the old watch forum convention of only contributing to WRUW threads on Fridays - and I often overlook those too. If I do post a picture it's not as anything more than a signifier.

7. Likes Teeritz, Nokie liked this post
    I do recycle images if there is a certain topic talked about - i.e NATO straps, or something like that.

In the WRUW threads I try to do something new, but because of that, I don't do them often. It's quite a process for me. I use a digital camera, find the right lighting/background, take several shots, process the images in Lightroom, choose the one, export to a web size, upload to my server and post here. I always wondered how you peeps did daily shots on a regular basis. There's either an easier way, or you are more dedicated to the process than I.

I don't post every day in WRUW threads and I have stock pics of my watches that show them to their best. With that in mind I'm happy to use a stock pic although I will occasionally use a fresh pic if I think it is up to standard.
    If the rotation is large enough that the same pic isn't used all the time then I think it's ok to use a stock pic that you've taken time to get right.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Tapatalk does make it easy. You can upload a picture from your phone or tablet directly. I have not been able to do that on IWL, since my IPad always shuts down when I try to upload a picture there.

I take pictures on my phone and then edit them on my IPad. I am not sure how Tapatalk works with a camera, but I suspect you would upload your photo to your computer and then directly onto Tapatalk. And I plan on getting a fairly simple camera in the near future.
    Last edited by JAGtime; Jan 18, 2015 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Since my watches are relatively modest and, being vintage, not all shiny and smooth, I like to ring the changes and give a new shot each time I post them on WRUW.

If I had a Moser photographed in studio conditions I might feel happy posting the same picture each time
    I should have also said another reason for my taking lots of fresh photos is that I've not many watches on my rotation anyway (discovered I get uncomfortable once I have more than 9)

12. Likes JAGtime, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    I don't use Tapatalk, so it takes too long to take a picture every day and upload it etc. I tend to have a stock of suitable pictures to use.
    ^^^This is me.

I have a cache of photos on my hard drive and I simply pick the photo I want to use. Every now and again I'll take a new picture, especially if I'm trying a new watch-strap combination.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

I try to take new for WRUW threads but don't always make it. If I were smart I'd set time aside to take a series for each watch, so that there are several to choose from. Even when I use my good camera and go for lighting and all of that, they don't look so good which is why I suppose I don't. Seeing recycled photos from other doesn't bother me at all.

15. Likes scottjc liked this post