Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electro plating terminology

You might be able to recase it. They sometimes come up.
    My goto guy, George Clarkson (www.onlyvintagewatches.com) , was in the same boat a while back. I think he found one in the end.

Sent from my Honor 5c

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    You might be able to recase it. They sometimes come up.
    My goto guy, George Clarkson (www.onlyvintagewatches.com) , was in the same boat a while back. I think he found one in the end.

Sent from my Honor 5c
    got to say there info on the 3133 is a bit off and the price well was going to say was a bit high but maybe not as they are all heading up that way now
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    got to say there info on the 3133 is a bit off and the price well was going to say was a bit high but maybe not as they are all heading up that way now
    Never looked as I can't afford those

What info you mean?

Sent from my Honor 5c

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Never looked as I can't afford those

What info you mean?

Sent from my Honor 5c
    well some of it they either nicked if from me or I nicked it from them as part of one of my threads I did on them as I got one almost reads the same in part's

will dig up the thread

last paragraph
    **** My russian-Swiss-Italian 3133 ****
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 19, 2017 at 09:50 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I've never seen another Datum Geneve come up, let alone parts... Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    I've never seen another Datum Geneve come up, let alone parts... Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. Any suggestions?
    well any chrono case would fit if of the right size to fit the dial and movement size. so if you know the movement I would do a blanket search of swiss chrono cases of the time period yours is , I did it once on a delgard think I even used the original watch back on the nos case I got

pics / thread to follow

**** it's a Delgard calendar ****

you would not know it had been re-cased would you
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jul 20, 2017 at 02:51 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

wow, looks great!

Can you recommend a source for vintage cases?

Quote Originally Posted by morningtundra View Post
    wow, looks great!

Can you recommend a source for vintage cases?
    hard to say depending where you are I hit lucky on a none working nos watch that had the right specs so I used the case from that if you notice the post dates took me two months roughly to get lucky ,

you do see on the bay joblots of old cases for sale I have in the past sold joblots of old case too .. depend if they can give you the correct measurements , but look new as well from say Hong Kong / china, I use a Russian 3602 movement a lot and they are doing cases to fit them now ,

remember the name is just a brand and a lot of the specs can be the same so as I said maybe look on the bay for none working chrono of the same period if they have the same movement good chance they could be a donor case option ,

any good watch maker probably has a good few cases knocking around for just such a case I did for a while to I de-clutter and sold a load of old trench watch cases and old rotary cases, also search under spares parts if you can do the leg work any watchmaker will swap them out if it's a good match
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy