Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I done?

Am I done?

I love watches in all of their iterations, and I was always searching for the perfect collection.

I'm thinking I may have it in four watches now.

My GADA...which I wore for the past 10 days and I could not be more smitten. It's more "playful' than the AP RO and is not quite as "staid" or "reserved", which appeals to me a great deal. Love the AP RO, but for me, this is the one.

Name:  Vacheron3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  66.8 KB

My "dressy" but can be worn with shorts and a collared shirt; my very favorite watch. This will never go away again, it's that special. No watch company does detail like GS, and if you appreciate those things, get one; now.

Name:  SBGH001v2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  50.0 KB

And the "dive style", which I have also purchased twice. Yes, it may not be everyones cuppa, but it is legible at all hours, is built like a tank and is very hefty on the wrist, which I like.

Name:  x-lume.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  76.8 KB

My dress watch needs are taken care of with the Mido as I don't require one often...

Name:  Mido.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  63.5 KB

Of course, I have a couple of G Shocks for the tough stuff, and I want a chronograph, but do I need one? I have the EMG coming in, but so want a Speedy or Zenith tri color, but do I really NEED it?

Shouldn't I just be happy, or am I in too deep?

Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

Yes and yes.

It never ends, not really.

3. Likes wschofield3, skywatch, Greg, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yes and yes.

It never ends, not really.
    I'm kinda thinking that's the reality.

5. Likes popoki nui liked this post

Well, yes, of course you should be happy. But isn't the perfect collection always incomplete, by definition? Or if you prefer, "temporarily" complete?

Otherwise, I'm afraid it wouldn't be much fun, would it?

P.S.: In my case, I'm done. Temporarily.

7. Likes wschofield3, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I love watches in all of their iterations, and I was always searching for the perfect collection.

I'm thinking I may have it in four watches now.

My GADA...which I wore for the past 10 days and I could not be more smitten. It's more "playful' than the AP RO and is not quite as "staid" or "reserved", which appeals to me a great deal. Love the AP RO, but for me, this is the one.

Name:  Vacheron3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  66.8 KB

My "dressy" but can be worn with shorts and a collared shirt; my very favorite watch. This will never go away again, it's that special. No watch company does detail like GS, and if you appreciate those things, get one; now.

Name:  SBGH001v2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  50.0 KB

And the "dive style", which I have also purchased twice. Yes, it may not be everyones cuppa, but it is legible at all hours, is built like a tank and is very hefty on the wrist, which I like.

Name:  x-lume.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  76.8 KB

My dress watch needs are taken care of with the Mido as I don't require one often...

Name:  Mido.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  63.5 KB

Of course, I have a couple of G Shocks for the tough stuff, and I want a chronograph, but do I need one? I have the EMG coming in, but so want a Speedy or Zenith tri color, but do I really NEED it?

Argh!
    You do not need another watch.

However if you want to continue to spend stupid money on things you do not need, keep buying insanely priced jewelry.

That is what I am doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Well, yes, of course you should be happy. But isn't the perfect collection always incomplete, by definition? Or if you prefer, "temporarily" complete?

Otherwise, I'm afraid it wouldn't be much fun, would it?

P.S.: In my case, I'm done. Temporarily.
    Ha, I guess I should consider myself also done, temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    You do not need another watch.

However if you want to continue to spend stupid money on things you do not need, keep buying insanely priced jewelry.

That is what I am doing.

I believe I'm with you, good sir. Sigh.

11. Likes CFR liked this post
    It's a good place to be. Just don't expect to stay there forever.

13. Likes wschofield3, Samanator liked this post
    If you truly want to be done, at least for a long time, do what I am doing. Spend all of your discretionary money on your next watch purchase. That way you will even have to save up just to get your watches serviced.

Of course this sounds just like a junkie about to overdose...

15. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    I believe we're on the same page in the same book Walter so we won't know till the final chapter is reached but I sincerely think it can be done (fini). I doubt it's very common but can/does happen. I suppose the next most acceptable thing (to/for me) is the one in/one out option but it's already nigh impossible to let anything I now have go so we'll see . . .

I've said it before but those are lovely watches, enjoy them for the gems that they are!!!

17. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Are we ever done? When others read our epitaph maybe. You have more than what you need, and they are exquisite pieces of horological art. You even have some beaters.

To put it into personal perspective... I tease myself about how much I have spent on the frivolous hobby of watch obsession. Then I realize I need a new car... which will probably cost 3x my watch collection, and it won't last as long. It's all relative.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

19. Likes wschofield3, Greg liked this post