Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boy, there are sure some generous people in the world

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    Gorgeous. I LOVE the older chronos with tachy and tele tracks!! Is that dimples or rivets on the dial, they look like dimples. If they are dimples, any idea why they are there?
    I think they are indentations and they indicate the other hours.

2. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    That's a fine watch, lots of class and history. Glad your friend saw fit to give it to someone who will bring it back to life and appreciate it, rather than simply dispose of it as so many unfortunately would.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

What a wonderful start to the new year! Congrats, IoL!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

That is a beautiful and interesting watch. It looks like the sub-dials have some kind of pattern or guilloche. Congratulations on this wonderful gift!

That patina is wonderful!

quite lovely watch IoL - superb military chrongraphe type - are you convinced its 40's? -i'm leaning toward 30's with those wonderful art deco markers ! such a great size at 37/38 mm , many were downwards of 34/35mm- would be very surprised if there was not a 47 or 48 Landeron inside - lets us know when you have the unveiling -superb watch [and friend ]

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    quite lovely watch IoL - superb military chrongraphe type - are you convinced its 40's? -i'm leaning toward 30's with those wonderful art deco markers ! such a great size at 37/38 mm , many were downwards of 34/35mm- would be very surprised if there was not a 47 or 48 Landeron inside - lets us know when you have the unveiling -superb watch [and friend ]
    My original guess was late '30s-sometime into the '40s when he first showed it to me, but my research has indicated '40s. But we won't know anything until we see the movement!

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated!

9. Likes shameless liked this post
    Stunning watch
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Drats! I assumed you were talking about me. Anyhoo - nice watch! I want to see insides

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Drats!Anyhoo - nice watch!
    It's no Seiko, though.

13. Likes Domo liked this post