Likes Likes:  60
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SalonQP 2015 report

SalonQP 2015 report

SalonQP 2015 was held this year, as always, at the Saatchi Gallery in Sloan Square. I've been for the past 3 or 4 years running I think. It runs Thursday night to Sunday - daytime or evening drinks tickets are available. I bought a ticket for Friday daytime but Bradjhomes offered me a free evening ticket that he won from watchfinder and I gave away my daytime ticket. I can't turn down free booze.

There was a lot of the same stuff that's been there for the past few years (watch development takes time) so I wasn't quite as excited about the watches per se as I'd seen most of them before, but the atmosphere was awesome, and I met some old friends who I didn't know were WIS which was great! Needless to say I didn't cover a lot of it because I'd done so in the past years, and also because there's not enough time, and I spent too long propping up the bar.

Nice venue

Name:  IMAG1376_BURST002.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  48.7 KB

Some serious Haute-horology...most of which doesn't appeal to me perhaps becasue I can't afford it and perhaps because I think a lot of it is plain fugly.

Name:  IMAG1377.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  36.3 KB

This, however, I can afford!! Last year (or the one before) I told Frederique Constant that if they made their 42mm moonphase as a 39mm I'd buy it. Well, they have.

Name:  IMAG1383.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  30.8 KB

But they also made this!!! I'll take it in steel thanks.

Name:  IMAG1380.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  32.4 KB

Hunter caseback!! I'm sold. Just a bit short of cash atm.

Name:  IMAG1382.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  37.1 KB

FC and Alpina are sister companies. They also have a high end brand called Demonaco - this tourbillon is housed in a case made of 47 pieces, IIRC. It also costs £35k. Or maybe it's 35 pieces and costs £47k, but you get the idea.

Name:  IMAG1386.jpg
Size:  36.5 KB

Quite a caseback

Name:  IMAG1387.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  36.2 KB

Lotus had a stand there- I didn't know they still made cars tbh. The new Exige and Evora are cracking cars - google for better pics .

Name:  IMAG1395.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  30.5 KB

TBC...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

H Moser & Cie - now these guys make seriously smart watches. I saw them last year at salonqp but was still blown away by their perpetual calendar movement - wish I'd taken a video. It's basically perfect. And that blue fumee dial

The tiny hand point to 1 o clock if it's January, 2 for Feb etc. How simple is that?! 12 months, 12 hours. And it flicks from Feb 28th (or 29th on a leap year) to March 1st instantly. And you can go back.

Name:  IMAG1389.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  35.1 KB

Christopher ward with their moonphase and tools out.

Name:  IMAG1396.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  54.6 KB

Zenith with this...interesting el primero

Name:  IMAG1409.jpg
Size:  32.1 KB

Ahh Nomos. I could definitely get another. Not that I'm in the market for a new watch...this place makes you wanna buy them badly. As does the free champagne...

Name:  IMAG1413.jpg
Size:  25.4 KB

Yep - no duplication here at all
    Name:  IMAG1415.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  24.9 KB

Muhle Glashutte 29er big. So nice. Wasn't out on display (why?!) - they had to get it out of the back which was good of them.

Name:  IMAG1416.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  32.2 KB

Now this is a cool watch. Christopher Ward Trident - I love the black and white contrast, that shiny ceramic #bezel, oh and it has a 5 day power reserve!! And costs a bit over a grand (£). Good value I say. I'd just brush out those centre links and bingo.

Name:  IMAG1422.jpg
Size:  33.2 KB

That's pretty much it! Great event.

Oh yeah - I didn't go mad on the swag as I've had lots of it before and had to carry it on the tube, but there were a few goodies - especially this Nomos encyclopaedia and mechanical pencil!

Name:  IMAG1426.jpg
Size:  59.6 KBName:  IMAG1427.jpg
Size:  41.2 KB

And they had a Ducati scrambler there (tie in with Tudor fastrider, I later found out - the bikes somewhat overshadowed the watches, much to Tudor's chagrin, I'm sure. Now I need one. Greenscreen for photo pose - my mate has mine - I'll ask him to send me a pic.

Name:  IMAG1401.jpg
Size:  55.3 KB

Excellent! I wish we had similar events in the U.S. WatchTime puts on a show in New York, but it is more limited in the range of brands on display.

The Nomos Encyclopaedia is a great bit of swag. I have been tempted to buy a copy on many occasions.

I had a chance to handle the Harry Winston History of the Tourbillon shown in your first picture a couple months ago. I cannot comprehend how anyone could wear something like that on their wrist. Or why they would want to for that matter.

6. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    So much to see. Too much really - you need days. Www.Instagram.com/bradwatch covered some different watches when he went so check out his instagram for others.

8. Likes FuzzyB, meijlinder liked this post
    Thanks for the write up. Seems to be a great event.

The more I see of the 29er, the more I think that will be my sporty white watch.

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    looks like a fun day was had by all great pics
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

How was the general size/thickness of the 42mm Chris Ward 5 Day diver?

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    How was the general size/thickness of the 42mm Chris Ward 5 Day diver?
    It was pretty good actually. Wears small with the dark bezel. Was kinda thick but it's not a small watch. Big bracelet helped.

14. Likes Steppy liked this post