Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What art do you have on your walls?

What art do you have on your walls?

Given the discussion in the other thread, I thought it would be cool and interesting to see what art we have on our walls. Rather than post a pile in one go, it might be fun to say a little about the art and explain what it is and why it's on the wall. That's not to say don't post all of your art, just not all at once. Here's one of mine:

It's a curious thing, it's oil and acrylic on wood, about four foot by three and uses spray, silkscreen and brush. However, the oddest thing is the provenance. Because it is signed by an artist who probably didn't exist, most probably as part of an elaborate scam.

Pietro Psaier is claimed to have been one of the artists who worked at Warhol's Factory, and indeed one of Warhol's lovers. However, the consensus today is that he never existed and was part of an elaborate scam. I bought the picture at a boot sale in Brighton, because I like aircraft and, despite the uneven quality of the work it was clear it had been done by someone with some talent who was jazzing nicely on the the Battle of Britain mythology. It's one of several aircraft themed pictures that sees less wall time than I might like as the beloved has an opinion. The whole was he, wasn't he thing tickles me pink and, if nothing else, I hope it's an interesting start to what could be a really cool thread

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/23/...o-never-exist/

http://www.warholstars.org/1pietro_psaier.html

http://www.warholstars.org/pietro_psaier_art_1.html

2. Likes Nokie, Ryan liked this post
    Used to have this , but I don't anymore, will have to get it again I think (cos I love Magritte, my favourite artist methinks)

Name:  magritte3115.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  51.5 KB

Just love the way he caught the contrast, hard to find a decent rendition of this at random on the net, but this one is a good attempt, better in the flesh.

4. Likes Matt, Ryan liked this post

We have 7 limited edition Mackenzie Thorpe prints, including a set of 3 etchings that are limited to 75 copies.

I also have a Govinder Nazran Spooks which is tucked away in the UK as I was not sure how well Giclee on canvas would do in the humidity here.

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes Matt, Ryan liked this post
    A fairly eclectic mix of stuff I like. I show several Mark Rothko prints, some Tom Thompson and Franklin Carmichael (lifelong Group of Seven fan here), some Ron English as well. I also have some original stuff as well, which will of course be from little-to-never-known artists, but that wouldn't make their talent any less real.

Waiting on delivery of a nice camera, I'll test it out by trying to get some good shots of my wall fruit and I'll post it up. Looking forward to this thread.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Used to have this , but I don't anymore, will have to get it again I think (cos I love Magritte, my favourite artist methinks)

Name:  magritte3115.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  51.5 KB

Just love the way he caught the contrast, hard to find a decent rendition of this at random on the net, but this one is a good attempt, better in the flesh.
    Somehow, I've never seen that one before - I'll be seeing more of it now! Thanks.

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    There's too much for me to look up and I don't know all the names, since a lot of it is my brother's, but this is what I own:

By far my most expensive piece, it's a collaboration between Ben Frost and Denial. It's a hand finished print, limited to 10 pieces.

I've also got a couple of Roy Lichtenstein prints. Not expensive, of course, but I really like them.

And lastly, a couple of Banksy prints:

11. Likes CanadianStraps, Matt, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Somehow, I've never seen that one before - I'll be seeing more of it now! Thanks.
    The more you look at it , the more you wonder how the feck he did some parts of it , especiallly the shadows of the lamp (of course) and the reflections off the water.
    The print I had of it (from a distance) appeared like a photograph.

Savagely Average
    A fun print of a robot holding a Dalek, my dad picked up for me at ComiCon. There is also a print of a semi professional artist built around the town where I went to college and lived for 7 years. The rest are all originals from my daughter, wife, and sister.

14. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I also have a Govinder Nazran Spooks which is tucked away in the UK as I was not sure how well Giclee on canvas would do in the humidity here.
    I'd be more worried by the canvas possibly reacting with the print/ink. I assume of course,that the canvas was/is acid-free and otherwise neutral though.

I have this on the wall at work, it makes me smile:
    Name:  Me.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  66.4 KB

Of course it's "art"
    I asked the artist about it, and she said: "It's you, Daddy; being silly wearing one of my dresses".
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.