Likes Likes:  149
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh dear, I've done it again!

Oh dear, I've done it again!

There is a certain place that we vintage Rado collectors go to satisfy our cravings, however there hasn't been much to tempt me of late.
    Things have suddenly picked up though. In the last two weeks I've bought three extremely rare Rados, I won't post the sellers pics here as they really don't show the watches at their best. I suppose that's the trick to collecting vintage watches, knowing what the seller is unable to show due to poor pictures.
    I'm clearly an addict and just wanted to take this opportunity to come clean...
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

2. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui liked this post
    love the old rados well some of them
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    There is a certain place that we vintage Rado collectors go to satisfy our cravings, however there hasn't been much to tempt me of late.
    Things have suddenly picked up though. In the last two weeks I've bought three extremely rare Rados, I won't post the sellers pics here as they really don't show the watches at their best. I suppose that's the trick to collecting vintage watches, knowing what the seller is unable to show due to poor pictures.
    I'm clearly an addict and just wanted to take this opportunity to come clean...
    Poor pictures are my favourite. I haven't checked out that place in a very long time, since I bought that vintage Longines, I think. Hmmm...

6. Likes scottjc liked this post
    It's actually four watches as I bought one just to get a decent case for another, man this is an illness...

Pictures please.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Poor pictures are my favourite. I haven't checked out that place in a very long time, since I bought that vintage Longines, I think. Hmmm...

Get yourself over there mate, there's a few very choice pieces at the moment.

If one wanted to learn about vintage Rados in particular Diastars, where/ what is the best resource?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

One of the first Rados I bought was a Golden Gate. I was struck my the case shape and didn't realise at the time that the dial wasn't original. I've searched for a good one ever since and this looks about as good as it's possible to find:

This Jorasses is a completely new model to me, the bracelet is unique and the dial appears to have a texture like Henry's Breinzer:

The cushion Diastar is one of the rarest variants of the original scratchproof watch. I can only think of two or three among the hardcore Rado collecting community:

Needless to say, better pictures will be posted in a few weeks when they finally find their way to the UK.

That Jorasses probably does have a dial like my Breinzer. It is another of the Alpine models.

P8140160a by hankblanc, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    If one wanted to learn about vintage Rados in particular Diastars, where/ what is the best resource?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends what you want to know.
    Feel free to ask, I'm sure Henry or I will do our best to assist and, if unable to answer your questions, be able to point you in the right direction.

14. Likes Henry Krinkle, is that my watch liked this post