Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manual winder winding endlessly?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Here are the two photos

yeah that would never of had a fly wheel on it so forget that but still an interesting question if any one would have a answer
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Here are the two photos

as scott said should be a straight swap not a big deal re moving the hands and dial would be the hard part you would Ideally need a hand remover tool and a little screwdriver to fit the tiny screw that hold the dial on then it is a quick swap over new dial on screw tightened but not overly and the hands back on .. the right tools make it easier can be done with out them but makes it a lot more tricky and could damage the dial / hands
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes scottjc liked this post
    I compared the supplied picture with photo of own healthy 66A - I couldn't see anything missing.
    Mainspring might be bust

6. Likes scottjc, Martin liked this post
    Seller has added this:
    although it is winding up and ticking for several hours, the issue with winding up without reaching a limit, could be an indication of a problem with the movement.

Therefore item is sold as in need of repairs/service.
    Could have been better, but better than nothing

8. Likes scottjc liked this post
    That could be enough to deter other bidders?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    That could be enough to deter other bidders?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    Here's hoping. My next bid will be as close to the end of the auction as possible. Unfortunately that will be 45 minutes before the end :sigh:

Here's hoping. My next bid will be as close to the end of the auction as possible. Unfortunately that will be 45 minutes before the end :sigh:

Fingers crossed for you.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries
    If the mainspring has snapped then the "working" that the watch is doing will be
    A. only for a short period
    B. totally inaccurate
    I suppose?
    A. Depends on where it broke. Close to the arbor would run longer than close to the barrel. But it still will run for a short period either way.
    B. Not sure about that. It might run as it would when the mainspring is almost run down.

Cheers!

Dan

15. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yep. Classic symptoms of a broken mainspring. You likely can wind a bit and then feel a "zip" as the truncated spring lets down. It'll have to be fixed. Never pay much for a sick puppy like this. Seller should know better.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

17. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    Yep. Classic symptoms of a broken mainspring. You likely can wind a bit and then feel a "zip" as the truncated spring lets down. It'll have to be fixed. Never pay much for a sick puppy like this. Seller should know better.
    Yeah, I'm already wondering exactly how much the case and the dial (which are both in good condition) are worth to me, since I've a replacement movement ready (which I've already wasted too much money on) to be swapped in.