Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I never really wanted a Christopher Ward watch before, now I do - new Tridents

I never really wanted a Christopher Ward watch before, now I do - new Tridents

They aren't cheap, but I love the refreshed design, especially the white dial/black bezel and the black dial/ref bezel (let's just call it the Black Bay homage) variants.

Apeks | Archimede | Breitling | Bulova | Cabot Watch Company | Casio | Daniel Wellington | Davosa | Glycine | G-Shock | Hamilton | Nomos | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Slow | Swatch | Timex | Vostok

2. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    How much are they now? Chris Ward was once a great buy. I have never liked the hands on the Trident.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

The black outers of the indices disappear into the black dial a bit. Like the numerals. School of What are they?

600 on leather
    660 on bracelet

I find this a bit of a con:

Calibre: ETA 2824-2/Sellita SW200-1
    What's the price difference to them? What proportion of them are actually the ETAs?

Yeah, they're priced close to the low end of the Swiss brands now.
    Apeks | Archimede | Breitling | Bulova | Cabot Watch Company | Casio | Daniel Wellington | Davosa | Glycine | G-Shock | Hamilton | Nomos | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Slow | Swatch | Timex | Vostok

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I find this a bit of a con:

What's the price difference to them? What proportion of them are actually the ETAs?
    Yeah, that is crap. They need to just back Sellita. Or do a Miyota version for less.

Wow, I just had a look, they have about 150 variants of the Trident. I have purchased a CW once before, for my ex. It arrived with a broken bracelet and a quartz movement that stopped and started. I got it fixed at my own expense, since I couldn't be bothered returning it to the UK. Would not probably go back- especially since their prices have probably tripled since then.

Regards Cam

Watches
    Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Wow, I just had a look, they have about 150 variants of the Trident. I have purchased a CW once before, for my ex. It arrived with a broken bracelet and a quartz movement that stopped and started. I got it fixed at my own expense, since I couldn't be bothered returning it to the UK. Would not probably go back- especially since their prices have probably tripled since then.

Ha, I bought the same watch in steel for Mrs wmw.

11. Likes CamB liked this post