Likes Likes:  4,238
Page 360 of 502 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 5018

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post

No, but I like what I see of Baltic. They seem to know what they’re doing, the design code is convincing, and they have a good reputation.

3. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Maybe you can cohabitate if you put something like a piece of cardboard somewhere under the nest to catch the falling "mess".
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    In this case, it sounds more like the imperturbable momentum of nesting instinct ignoring all of your vigorous attempts at thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Foil, wire, car battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Fire extinguisher? Flame thrower?
    Problem isn't just the mess, Mrs. Cor is also worried about birds accidentally flying into the house, or baby birds taking a nose dive onto the stone porch floor. Not to mention one of us being attacked by a protective mother trying to use the front door.

EDIT: For the sake of clarity, that would be one of us trying to use the front door, not the bird.
    Last edited by mlcor; Apr 8, 2021 at 11:29 PM.

5. Likes gnuyork, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I stand by my flamethrower suggestion. It would eliminate your robin problem in a heart beat. As a bonus. you'd get to remodel the front of your house.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

I stand by my flamethrower suggestion. It would eliminate your robin problem in a heart beat. As a bonus. you'd get to remodel the front of your house.
    Plus you have an excuse to buy a flamethrower.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Not-a-Flame...-/303636374873

8. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Maybe you can cohabitate if you put something like a piece of cardboard somewhere under the nest to catch the falling "mess".
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    In this case, it sounds more like the imperturbable momentum of nesting instinct ignoring all of your vigorous attempts at thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Foil, wire, car battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Plus you have an excuse to buy a flamethrower.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Not-a-Flame...-/303636374873

Well, knock on wood, the owl may have done the trick--no sightings of the robin since yesterday afternoon. But I'll give it another day before declaring victory. And the owl stays indefinitely. Who cares what the neighbors think.

10. Likes Henry Krinkle, skywatch, hayday liked this post

Savagely Average
    Speaking of annoying birds, had to scare a woodpecker off of my house today. It was ridiculously loud inside when his crazy lil feathers went pecking

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Speaking of annoying birds, had to scare a woodpecker off of my house today. It was ridiculously loud inside when his crazy lil feathers went pecking
    We’ve had one here, too. Like robins, they’re too stupid to scare off easily and not nearly as benign. He did some real damage to our siding. If he comes around again, I shoot at him with an Airsoft gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    The woodpeckers round here seem to know the difference between trees and houses. It’s Green Woodpeckers that we have, and I quite like to see them, gobbling up ants if there’s a nest at the edge of the lawn.

16. Likes Mediocre liked this post