Likes Likes:  4,309
Page 428 of 510 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5100

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I don't know what all you have considered. We had a very small pom that had a head injury from a much larger dog that punctured her skull just walking by our home from the sidewalk and went up and bit her. After three weeks to get her stable we were taking her every other day to get the pressure relieved from the wound. Finally after the third such sessions the head vet suggested Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Turns out the Vet that started this for dogs was in Boca which was close then. The cost turned out to not be that bad so we bought 6 treatments over a two week period. We filmed her before the first treatment and she could barely walk and when she did it was unstable and mostly in circles. After treatment one she looked a lot more normal and the wounds also stopped being an issue. After the six she fully recovered. I don't know if this is available in your area, or if it would work in this situation, but it was the closest thing I've ever seen to a miracle.
    I may look into that.. Thanks, Michael!
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Had my first post-op today, everything seems to be going OK. The dreaded compression sock is no more, stitches are out, I can stop wearing the brace at night (yay!), and if I'm sitting I can unlock it to 90 degrees. Still no weight bearing for another month, though. It's a lot of strain on the right leg and my back, but overall good progress.

Good news!

I’d forgotten about the misery of compression socks.

3. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Had my first post-op today, everything seems to be going OK. The dreaded compression sock is no more, stitches are out, I can stop wearing the brace at night (yay!), and if I'm sitting I can unlock it to 90 degrees. Still no weight bearing for another month, though. It's a lot of strain on the right leg and my back, but overall good progress.
    Very nice!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

5. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Excellent news mate - well done.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Good luck with the continued rehab.

I have most of my mobility back,but not that much hand strength yet.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Good luck with the continued rehab.

I have most of my mobility back,but not that much hand strength yet.
    At least you had a good cat excuse, I got nothin'.

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Golf?

At least you had a good cat excuse, I got nothin'.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Golf?

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.
    Yes, but a poor excuse compared to sacrificing yourself to save a cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs rule, cats drool.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Please let me know if you’re interested in taking part in the traveling watch event. Respond to this post to let me know you’re interested and PM me your address so you can host the IWL project watch for a tour of where you call home. After its whirlwind tour, I’ll draw a winner to see who gets to keep the watch.

Name:  IWL.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  67.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes skywatch liked this post