Likes Likes:  4,308
Page 323 of 510 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 5096

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Really funny you say that actually mate just last week we had a family of crickets in our house! As in at least five of them singing away in various rooms and they look very similar to locusts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry boatme, doesn't sound great.

My 2020 hasn't been great: got divorced, have to move house, got made redundant, and yesterday I got caught speeding and dangerous driving (that's bs though) so may face jail time!

Exciting times.
    Geoff, good luck with the divorce. Been through it 3 times.
    It got to the point that instead of entering a serious relationship, every 10 or 12 years I'd just go out to a bar and find the most obnoxious woman I could and buy her a new car and house!

Was the ticket on the bike?
    My next to last ticket was on I 95 in North Carolina. My boat broke down in Charleston, SC and I rented a car to take the mate home to Virginia. About a 16 hour round trip if you do the speed limit.
    In North Carolina I got nailed doing 100 mph in a 65mph zone. That cop had NO sense of humor!
    At that point it's not speeding, it's reckless driving, much like your situation.
    I was lucky and was able to take care of everything by mail and phone. It cost me a bundle!
    I'm probably lucky I'm alive. I was in a
    Name:  99-00_Ford_Windstar_LX.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  61.2 KB
    Ford Windstar mini van.
    The next season I was shocked that Enterprise Rental actually leased me another car.

My 2020 hasn't been great: got divorced, have to move house, got made redundant, and yesterday I got caught speeding and dangerous driving (that's bs though) so may face jail time!

Exciting times.
    Sorry to hear that Geoff.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    My health has been steadily declining this year. Its getting to the point that I may have to move to my daughters so that there's someone to check on me daily.
    This is going to be a giant PITA! I'm looking at going from my own 3 bedroom house to a room.
    I'll have to get rid of just about everything I own.
    Don't get excited, NOT my watches! There's always room for watches.
    All my furniture, tools, gun collection, a couple of cars, who knows what else I've collected over the years will have to go.
    As I look around I'm seeing things that I'd like to keep. Some art works, a 1956 Seth Thomas ships clock, a rare mid century teak table lamp, things like that. Small stuff.

My daughter is coming in for a long weekend to talk to me and try to convince me to do it.
    We'll see how it goes.
    Best of luck!

Blog Entries

Exciting times.
    Best of luck there Geoff. I could talk about my health, but trying to one up with health issues is not a healthy sport to say the least. Still married to the original weight and talked my way out of the last speeding ticket, so at least at some level, I am doing ok. LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL!

Chin up and all that.

Dan

6. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Best of luck there Geoff. I could talk about my health, but trying to one up with health issues is not a healthy sport to say the least. Still married to the original weight and talked my way out of the last speeding ticket, so at least at some level, I am doing ok. LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL!

Chin up and all that.

Dan
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Oh dear, tough times all around.

Best wishes for Boatme & Geoff.

9. Likes Strela167, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Oh dear, tough times all around.

Best wishes for Boatme & Geoff.
    Thanks marko
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I really hope you get back on track soon.

Even I managed to bounce back when I was finally made redundant after several temporary layoffs. It was not easy at the age of nearly 50 years and a 25 year old degree/experience from dying industry. I’m sure you’ll do even better.

Thumbs up!

Thanks marko

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    My health has been steadily declining this year. Its getting to the point that I may have to move to my daughters so that there's someone to check on me daily.
    This is going to be a giant PITA! I'm looking at going from my own 3 bedroom house to a room.
    I'll have to get rid of just about everything I own.
    Don't get excited, NOT my watches! There's always room for watches.
    All my furniture, tools, gun collection, a couple of cars, who knows what else I've collected over the years will have to go.
    As I look around I'm seeing things that I'd like to keep. Some art works, a 1956 Seth Thomas ships clock, a rare mid century teak table lamp, things like that. Small stuff.

My daughter is coming in for a long weekend to talk to me and try to convince me to do it.
    We'll see how it goes.

I hope everything works out.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking