Likes Likes:  4,347
Page 296 of 515 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5149

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    We get quite a lot of those, sometimes a dozen at a time.

I think it’s the nettles in our neighbour’s garden.
    Oh.

Saw a fox , youngish, basking in the streetlight a couple of nights back in the front.
    Squirrels jumping hurdles like over the fences

Tbf , at the mo not a lot of slugs , snails , with such a wet winter , odd , hiding and biding their time for sure ... bumble out today though

Not many slugs here, either. We’re waiting for our nightingale to get here from West Africa. It’s still early for that, though.

He’s not ours, strictly speaking, he’s our neighbours. Every year he comes back to the same small tree, but given the nightingale’s lifespan it can’t actually be the same one.

3. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Heard about the berkely square , not the kent

As the weather so nice of late , please post some cheary snaps

Hope all ok , not much going on
    Stay safe
    Get posting , you know you mean too

I have a robin who has built a nest and laid some eggs in my old bicycle helmet in a bag, in my shed.

Name:  20200402_094853.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  78.2 KB

His/her name is Robbie, and they take dead spiders in for the unborn chicks to feast on when they hatch. Very cute, fun practice for the telephoto lens
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Unsurprisingly, I've seen no new wildlife where I live.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Our company had mass furloughs today, but I made the cut. It seems I'm deemed essential to the business. I did have to take a minor pay cut temporarily, but my expenses have been significantly less, so it should be a wash or close to. I'm going to celebrate by buying a new watch.................strap.

10. Likes Raza, mlcor, OhDark30, boatme99, geoffbot, Fantasio liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Our company had mass furloughs today, but I made the cut. It seems I'm deemed essential to the business. I did have to take a minor pay cut temporarily, but my expenses have been significantly less, so it should be a wash or close to. I'm going to celebrate by buying a new watch.................strap.
    Glad to hear it mate. I seem okay too.

Everyone else, work wise?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Glad to hear it mate. I seem okay too.

Everyone else, work wise?
    We're a small but important part of the agricultural and mining supply chains, so we are considered essential-ish. I still have all my employees and am doing all I can to keep all of them. We also hae enough space in our shop to easily maintain the required physical distance. If we lose 30% of our revenue compared to last year we are eligible to have our employees wages subsidized, up to 75%, by the government. That would be pretty helpful, but I fear we won't quite get there and that may be a problem.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.