Likes Likes:  4,238
Page 297 of 502 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5018

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

What do you do for a job? I know you paint and cook in your spare time...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I own a print shop, but not a regular one. The majority of our business comes from the high tech sector. We do a lot of overlays and control boxes and such like. Some of the overlays we make are switches themselves, with printed electronic components. In this capacity I used (real) silver ink which had 18 kilos of silver per gallon and back then cost $24,000 USD per gallon. For less critical applications we used nickel, which was under $5K.

More than a bit of our work meets various mil specs. Our printing has gone to Mars and been up in a couple of space shuttles. Critical components on every combat ship in the Canadian Navy have been printed by us. We do enclosures for a company that makes satellite ground stations all over the world and our components go miles deep into mines. We are known for our problem solving abilities.

Frankly, what I do is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 7, 2020 at 09:20 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

It is.

Ever been tempted to do a watch dial?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It is.

Ever been tempted to do a watch dial?
    I have a Hamilton pocket watch dial that I have not been working on for about 5 years...

5. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    The font for the numbers was hand drawn, by me, and then digitized. The Hamilton logo is the current version. I scanned it from a catalog and then cleaned it up. This is not any real dial ever made by Hamilton and my friend would never present it as such. It's ready to print.

Name:  Brad's Hamilton sept 2019.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  53.2 KB

7. Likes tribe125, boatme99 liked this post
    The font for the numbers was hand drawn, by me, and then digitized. The Hamilton logo is the current version. I scanned it from a catalog and then cleaned it up. This is not any real dial ever made by Hamilton and my friend would never present it as such. It's ready to print.

Name:  Brad's Hamilton sept 2019.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  53.2 KB
    Well, watcha waiting for?

9. Likes Henry Krinkle, tribe125, geoffbot liked this post
    I own a print shop, but not a regular one. The majority of our business comes from the high tech sector. We do a lot of overlays and control boxes and such like. Some of the overlays we make are switches themselves, with printed electronic components. In this capacity I used (real) silver ink which had 18 kilos of silver per gallon and back then cost $24,000 USD per gallon. For less critical applications we used nickel, which was under $5K.

More than a bit of our work meets various mil specs. Our printing has gone to Mars and been up in a couple of space shuttles. Critical components on every combat ship in the Canadian Navy have been printed by us. We do enclosures for a company that makes satellite ground stations all over the world and our components go miles deep into mines. We are known for our problem solving abilities.

That does sound very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Well, watcha waiting for?

13. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Agreed, that is pretty cool!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

How have we never disussed your work Hank? Sign of good chat I say.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague