Likes Likes:  4,238
Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502
Results 5,011 to 5,018 of 5018

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    The gas strut in my chair failed last year and the company sent me a replacement strut. The instructions say to whack the old piece with a hammer to pop it out. No joy, the old strut acts like it is welded in. I will have to try the man size pipe wrench next. Fortunately, during the beating, the old strut was revived so I have not been forced to try again yet.
    Yep! Mine was 2 years old and cheap so out of warranty.

Man sized wrench, brace the seat against the floor protected by cardboard and heave with all your might.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Can one of you Brits explain “Bosh” to me? I read the Urban Dictionary definition a few times now and it still doesn’t make sense to me.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Can one of you Brits explain “Bosh” to me? I read the Urban Dictionary definition a few times now and it still doesn’t make sense to me.

I can think of two disparate meanings - the first of which I haven’t heard for some time, now that I think about it.

1) Something that is nonsense, as in “It’s all bosh.”

2) Indicating something that happened quickly and easily, as in “I did x and then y - and bosh” - meaning job done. Imagine someone making a little karate chop movement with their hand as they say “bosh”.

Someone might also say “bish-bash-bosh”, indicating things that happened quickly in succession.

I looked to see what the urban dictionary had to say - and there was a whole list of meanings that I’ve never heard anywhere.

That is Urban Dictionary in a nutshell: lots of bonkers definitions that all seem to connect to sex.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    That is Urban Dictionary in a nutshell: lots of bonkers definitions that all seem to connect to sex.
    Perfect summary

Savagely Average
    My allergies do not enjoy spring wildflowers, but my eyes do!

Name:  20240323_120753.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  261.4 KB

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I can think of two disparate meanings - the first of which I haven’t heard for some time, now that I think about it.

2) Indicating something that happened quickly and easily, as in “I did x and then y - and bosh” - meaning job done. Imagine someone making a little karate chop movement with their hand as they say “bosh”.

Someone might also say “bish-bash-bosh”, indicating things that happened quickly in succession.

I looked to see what the urban dictionary had to say - and there was a whole list of meanings that I’ve never heard anywhere.
    1 is not common parlance amongst my demographic, at least, never once heard it. Tosh is, absolutely. Tosh means bullsh*t.

Bish bash bosh does indeed mean... Got it done quickly. "Turns out it wasn't broke at all! Just needed a new starter then bish bash bish we were on our way again."

You could say I'm just gonna bosh this plate of food down then I'll be with ya.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

Okay, that second definition is more in line with how I’ve been seeing it used. But I couldn’t find that definition on UD. Thank you.

The funny thing is that it had wormed its way into my vocabulary and it dawned on me that I had only understood what it meant by context clues and that was a dangerous thing in this day and age.
    Last edited by Raza; Mar 26, 2024 at 02:20 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking