Likes Likes:  4,238
Page 439 of 502 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 5018

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Oohh!!! Do tell!
    Oh, nothing crazy. Thinking about getting a MkVII Golf R. More and more, I find myself needing doors and seats and space, so the Z4 just isn’t fitting right now, and I’d driving my brother’s S5 all the time, which is fast, but not really fun.

Then, after that…maybe a 981 Boxster/Boxster S or, if I’m feeling really crazy, a 997.2 911 (coupe, though). Or if I’m feeling really, really, really crazy, a 996 Turbo. Looking for a forever car, since the writing is on the wall that cars going forward will skew heavily towards all being rolling appliances. Fast is nothing if you didn’t earn it and can’t feel it. That’s how I feel, anyway. Anyone can stomp on a gas pedal and make something with a million horsepower go fast, but that’s just not my kind of thing.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes Mediocre, geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Rs3?
    I haven’t looked it up, but I’m going to guess there’s no manual?

When I buy a car with an automatic, I want the rest of it to be as boring as the transmission itself. That way, I don’t feel like I’m missing out on any sort of fun or good experience. Any fun or performance car will always feel like it’s missing something or not living up to its potential if it has an automatic. But an SUV for trips to Home Depot or for taking my mom to lunch or whatever, who cares? Nothing would make an SUV fun, not even a manual. So who cares? Sure, I’ll take one Range Rover Sport to go, please, any color is fine, since you only sell them in black, black, silver, gray, gray, silver, and black. Maybe a Jaguar F-Pace. A pure utility car for a pure utility transmission.

Again, this is just how I feel. It’s not a slight on anyone who feels differently, I’m just not wired that way. Even when I’m playing Forza, I prefer cars that are 3D modeled as having manuals as opposed to paddles.

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Oh, nothing crazy. Thinking about getting a MkVII Golf R. More and more, I find myself needing doors and seats and space, so the Z4 just isn’t fitting right now, and I’d driving my brother’s S5 all the time, which is fast, but not really fun.

Then, after that…maybe a 981 Boxster/Boxster S or, if I’m feeling really crazy, a 997.2 911 (coupe, though). Or if I’m feeling really, really, really crazy, a 996 Turbo. Looking for a forever car, since the writing is on the wall that cars going forward will skew heavily towards all being rolling appliances. Fast is nothing if you didn’t earn it and can’t feel it. That’s how I feel, anyway. Anyone can stomp on a gas pedal and make something with a million horsepower go fast, but that’s just not my kind of thing.

A Golf R is an incredibly fun driver!!! I too understand the need for seats. It has kept me from getting another toy for a bit now

5. Likes Raza liked this post
    I'm looking at 718 boxster, 997 n/a and similar options myself amusingly. Got yet another cel yesterday - getting very bored. Golf r crossed my mind too but its a big of a downgrade
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    I'm looking at 718 boxster, 997 n/a and similar options myself amusingly. Got yet another cel yesterday - getting very bored. Golf r crossed my mind too but its a big of a downgrade

I like the 997, I drove a bunch before I bought my E93 M3.

9. Likes Mediocre, geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Can’t do a 718. Don’t care what anyone says, a turbo four is fine in a Volkswagen or a Subaru, but not in a Porsche.

Blog Entries
    A Golf R is an incredibly fun driver!!! I too understand the need for seats. It has kept me from getting another toy for a bit now
    It fits just about everything I’m looking for in a daily driver. Four doors, relatively quick, relatively comfortable, sharp enough to drive, isn’t too big, has Apple CarPlay, and the hatch makes it very practical. Plus, it’s quite small. The size is right up my alley; it’s barely more than 6” longer than my Z4 and 15” shorter than the S5 I’m currently driving. Only thing it doesn’t have that I really will miss is a sunroof/moonroof, but to get one of those, I’d have to drop back to a MkVI, which means I lose CarPlay, and that’s really how I prefer to do my music and navigation. For a second, fun car, I don’t really care, but on a daily, it’s just something I’ve got to do. Nowadays, with my friends scattered all over the place, I’m constantly going to new locations when I drive, so a navigation system has become necessary, and the Google Maps phone app is the best one I’ve used. I prefer it to the Audi satnav system in my brother’s S5 by a country mile.

Another consideration is that because it’s a taller car, but not one that’s high up, my mother should be able to get in and out of it easily, whereas my Z4 is a complete no go and most SUVs are also too high. Although I do enjoy driving her new A6 on occasion, I’d much rather drive something smaller.

12. Likes geoffbot, Mediocre liked this post
    My mother doesn't like my car - it scares her.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It fits just about everything I’m looking for in a daily driver. Four doors, relatively quick, relatively comfortable, sharp enough to drive, isn’t too big, has Apple CarPlay, and the hatch makes it very practical. Plus, it’s quite small. The size is right up my alley; it’s barely more than 6” longer than my Z4 and 15” shorter than the S5 I’m currently driving. Only thing it doesn’t have that I really will miss is a sunroof/moonroof, but to get one of those, I’d have to drop back to a MkVI, which means I lose CarPlay, and that’s really how I prefer to do my music and navigation. For a second, fun car, I don’t really care, but on a daily, it’s just something I’ve got to do. Nowadays, with my friends scattered all over the place, I’m constantly going to new locations when I drive, so a navigation system has become necessary, and the Google Maps phone app is the best one I’ve used. I prefer it to the Audi satnav system in my brother’s S5 by a country mile.

Another consideration is that because it’s a taller car, but not one that’s high up, my mother should be able to get in and out of it easily, whereas my Z4 is a complete no go and most SUVs are also too high. Although I do enjoy driving her new A6 on occasion, I’d much rather drive something smaller.

We have similar goals in fun/daily cars right now. I have been looking at getting back into a sport package 335i sedan for the same reason

15. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    We have similar goals in fun/daily cars right now. I have been looking at getting back into a sport package 335i sedan for the same reason
    That’s been on the list as well, the F30 335/340 or even the 435/440. I don’t think anyone would begrudge me baby steps into a 2+2 before going full four doors, it’s a big step for me.

17. Likes Mediocre liked this post