Likes Likes:  4,347
Page 512 of 515 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 5149

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    This. GP & BP for sure, nice dressy and casual pair.
    I don't see the Laureato replacing the Black Bay. Now I would take the Laureato over the GP Vintage any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm not a Black Bay fanboy, and I can never justify one, given what has come out since I had it. I've had the original Red Black Bay and would take the Pelagos 42mm (in blue) over it any day. Better bracelet and a nice rubber strap with some of the best lume ever on a diver. I don't like the 39mm version since it looks incomplete without the chapter ring.

This post aligns with what Raza said elsewhere. Tell us what you want, and we'll change everything to meet our needs.
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 20, 2024 at 03:27 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes Mediocre, Raza liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    So your options are

Attachment 128687+Attachment 128688

Vs

Attachment 128689

?

I think both are winning and valid choices!

Remind me what's the in box at the mo?
    Thanks for the pics, really helps!

In the box is probably around 40 watches if I am honest with myself. Never counted (on purpose)

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Forget that it’s 1:2 or 2:1, which single watch do you want the most?

If it’s the Laureato, just be prepared for still wanting the other two.

Good point, I may have overlooked that

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Personally, I like both the other two better than the Laureato, so it’s an easy choice for me.
    That would make a very easy choice!

That was my thought when I was shortening my short list. Waiting for my next career move, planning a celebratory purchase. A nice dress/sport pair would hit the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I don't see the Laureato replacing the Black Bay. Now I would take the Laureato over the GP Vintage any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm not a Black Bay fanboy, and I can never justify one, given what has come out since I had it. I've had the original Red Black Bay and would take the Pelagos 42mm (in blue) over it any day. Better bracelet and a nice rubber strap with some of the best lume ever on a diver. I don't like the 39mm version since it looks incomplete without the chapter ring.

This post aligns with what Raza said elsewhere. Tell us what you want, and we'll change everything to meet our needs.

The last sentence gave me a chuckle. I do appreciate IWL!

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I mean, honestly, if you wanted just a two watch collection, the Vintage 1945 and the Black Black 58 would do it. I’d have no complaints about those.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes Fantasio, Mediocre liked this post
    don't you just hate it waiting on repair persons to show 12pm to 6pm window's are a pain ant they
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes Mediocre, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    don't you just hate it waiting on repair persons to show 12pm to 6pm window's are a pain ant they
    Er yeah, I'd really want a more accurate time. At least it's not sunny out though hey!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

10. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Er yeah, I'd really want a more accurate time. At least it's not sunny out though hey!
    yeah still waiting guess be a no-show I expect better from BG though not even a call on line booking they don't do hours they do time windows 8-12 or 12pm to 6pm ...
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    British gas is terrible. They just paid my mother back the 3k they owed her. I don't know how they don't get worse reviews on trust pilot. Octopus have been great.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

14. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    The worst is when they don't show and then act like they did, "no one answered the door". Been there before, was quick to call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    The worst is when they don't show and then act like they did, "no one answered the door". Been there before, was quick to call BS.
    final came at eight but she was very sorry.... fixed one of the issues then and there the other needed a part so be Monday on that so yeah....
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes Mediocre, geoffbot liked this post
    Does anybody use any wall mounts for their TVs?

I have a small 42" lightweight OLED TV I'd like to mount on the wall near my computer to use as a monitor. I do have a table next to my desk that currently holds my printer. and I would begrudgingly move the printer for the TV... but... this stupid TV does not have a center stand mount, but the legs on the end instead, and as my luck would have it, the legs are about 2 inches wider than my table can support, unless I set it on a diagonal, and just one little knock would have it crashing to the floor.

I've looked at this, it seems ideal, but the Vesa pattern for mounting is the LG TV is 300x200. I called the manufacturer of the mount and they say it won't be compatible (needs to be 200x300) for crying out loud.

https://mount-it.com/products/mount-...-nJeCLOiOArKtA

I suppose there are adapters like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCMTCP3...ustomerReviews

but it's not ideal to use adapters???... but if it's my only option... I've checked out a few other mounts, Sanus is way toverpriced, and some others on amazon just look cheap.

The ideas is to replace the smaller monitor that sits on my printer for the LG OLED.

Excuse my mess, I just got back from being out of town... doing invoicing and receipts, etc... and for bonus watch content, there is an Omega bag down there from when I got my Speedmaster back from service. It's going back once again, unfortunately.