Likes Likes:  4,238
Page 331 of 502 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 5018

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I hope you're able to have those issues resolved quickly.

That sounds terrible.
    Thanks. So far so good. Just really sore right now.

One thing that concerns me is that I can't fully open my mouth to eat. It's like lock jaw a bit (since last week). And if I try to open wider it hurts a bit. Which is weird because I can open wide (like Ah) for the dentist without too much pain, but I must open my mouth differently shovevling food in. I can't explain it. I have been prescribed with a muscle relaxer. The dentist said it's not too common, but he's had people in the past with similar issues after dental work. I do hope it's temporary. I can't imaging dealing with this long term. He assures me I will get better.

Sorry you got punched in the face. Work I presume?

2. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Thanks. So far so good. Just really sore right now.

One thing that concerns me is that I can't fully open my mouth to eat. It's like lock jaw a bit (since last week). And if I try to open wider it hurts a bit. Which is weird because I can open wide (like Ah) for the dentist without too much pain, but I must open my mouth differently shovevling food in. I can't explain it. I have been prescribed with a muscle relaxer. The dentist said it's not too common, but he's had people in the past with similar issues after dental work. I do hope it's temporary. I can't imaging dealing with this long term. He assures me I will get better.

Sorry you got punched in the face. Work I presume?
    Sounds like you have an experienced dentist. I'm happy for that.

Dental troubles seem to be somewhat worse than any other kind of problem. My wife consistently chews me out for my lack of troubles. 33 years and one whole cavity. (And not from any abundance of dental hygiene. ) While she brushes religiously and consistently has cavities. Something about bacterial flora the dentists say.

Also, yes. Still working at a Psychiatric Hospital. Been punched before, but didn't move my head out of the way fast enough this time.

Hope this image is forum appropriate. I think the lower canine caused the visible cut. Sadly, I was in less danger from the patient, then from other staff. Two staff, easily 350 pounds each, bowled the patient, me, and themselves into a hallway. I was at the bottom of a 800'ish pound dog pile.

Nothing Bourbon couldn't cure.

4. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Yeah aside from a couple fillings, I've had relatively little dental trouble up until this cracked tooth, which was previously fixed with a filling to cement it together. I've had the crack since the early 2000s. Just got worse recently. I think I bit down on a metal fork by mistake or something. I'd love some bourbon right about now, but I'm taking pain meds.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Sep 29, 2020 at 10:58 PM.

6. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Met my soon to be ex-niece in law's new fella for the second time today. We went for lunch; phở tái bò viên for him, Bún bò Huế for me. I like him a lot. He's a sorta watch guy and more importantly a pretty good hobbyist bartender. He's got a 1680, a green dial SuperOcean and a black dial Monaco chrono. Predictable but solid 3 watch collection.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Sep 30, 2020 at 12:59 AM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

8. Likes geoffbot, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Met my soon to be ex-niece in law's new fella...
    OK, that sounds socially complicated.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

10. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    OK, that sounds socially complicated.
    It sounds like it, but isn't really. My soon to be ex-niece in law and my nephew, who happens to be my favourite nephew, have had a very amicable split. Mrs. K and I continue to interact socially with both of them. In some ways the Soon to Be is more like us than my nephew is.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

12. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Name:  IMG_20201007_155708_598.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  60.4 KB x
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Nebraska has regular dental services. Happily, since I was recently punched in the mouth. (Thankfully all is still secure. )
    Freya finally had enough of your shit?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

15. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Name:  IMG_20201007_155708_598.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  60.4 KB x

I guess you’re not coming home anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

I guess you’re not coming home anytime soon.
    I'm awaiting a call from my potential next employer - they said next week. If I get the call I'll come back. I have to leave Turkey in 6 weeks cos visa, but that doesn't mean I have to go home - think I'm going to Berlin next week.

Tl;Dr' "Dunno mate."
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague