Likes Likes:  4,308
Page 325 of 510 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 5096

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    And it would probably be spared in the next divorce.....I too am Joking (kinda).
    Savage

Probs true though! 'no I don't want his new seiko',
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes Spooky, gnuyork liked this post
    Thanks for the good thoughts, all.
    Sitting here at 02:30 thinking about what to do. Have to take my daughter to the airport in about 4 hours.
    Tommorow, Monday, I'm going to be visited by a social worker and someone setting me up with home oxygen. They're going to look at possible home care worker situation for me. Someone who will stop by once or twice a week and do small jobs and cooking.
    I'll have to balance wether I'd prefer that or living with my daughter.

If I decide to move, the logistics of getting rid of all my stuff and preparing to move what goes with me is daunting task! How do I get rid of an entire household while having to live there until everything is cleared out?
    I think I may have to hire an estate sale outfit.

Possessions are just things mate - choose ones that are important to you.

Sending my best wishes

5. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, boatme and Geoff

I’m sure you’ll both get through this, however crap things are in the short term

Re: clearing possessions, I warmly recommend Marie Kondo’s Life Changing Magic of Tidying

She’s clearly mad as a box of frogs, but her method is effective: you start with stuff that has little emotional pull, so you’re confident by the time you’ve got to make the difficult decisions

It’s also very simple: no ‘have you used this in a year?’ Or having to make endless lists

Her youtube stuff on folding also maximises use of storage space & means there aren’t dark corners filled with stuff you never use
    (Though I guess being a sailor you’re good at that stuff)

Good luck to both of you!
    Keep posting and keep enjoying those watches :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

7. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    @boatme99, I hope you can figure out the best (least worse?) answer for you.

My wife wants us to move into a single story house; we were looking either for the right one or one to build when the virus hit. We’ve lived at our current place for 12 years, the longest we’ve been anywhere, and I shudder to think what it will be like to move. Kath, we need to check out your recommendation, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes boatme99, OhDark30 liked this post
    Currently hunkered down in the basement as tornado sirens are going off. What fun.

11. Likes Spooky, skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Currently hunkered down in the basement as tornado sirens are going off. What fun.

Stay safe over there! As kids we would go visit my grandparents in Peoria around mid-August. We had tornado warnings twice during those visits. A couple decades later when my grandmother was in a rest home, I was out to visit and a twister touched down just a few blocks away. They had all the rest home residents, nurses and visitors down in the basement of the 6 story building and we could feel the whole place vibrate through the foundation. Luckily very little damage out on the surface that time. Near miss in a field and on some streets. Quite something.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Well, tornado warning is over but high winds are still expected for a couple of hours, and our power went out half an hour ago. Backup sump pump doesn’t seem to be kicking in, so hopefully it will stop raining soon.

UPDATE: Power came back on just in time for Mrs. Cor to agree not to toss all the food in the fridge. And we are significantly poorer after the plumber came and replaced the entire backup sump pump system. But at least nothing got flooded.

Last edited by mlcor; Aug 11, 2020 at 03:34 AM.

Whew, stay safe there.

Actually the boring chill weather up here is not so bad after all. At least we don’t have tornados or earthquakes.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

15. Likes mlcor liked this post

This seems crazy to those of us who live where the worst weather we've ever had knocked our bins over once. Stay safe mate!

17. Likes mlcor liked this post