Likes Likes:  4,331
Page 4 of 512 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I have a French Press, and used it for years, but now I prefer the Chemex method much better. I also have a Technivorm brewer.
    Chemex seems too involved for me. I like my press because it's great coffee and very easy, cleanup included. I'm not going to say I don't like the ritual of it, but most days I don't make coffee it's because I don't feel like the hassle. I'm usually reaching for the Red Bull instead.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    Most beer tastes blah to me, but I do like the taste of good Scottish, Irish, and Japanese whisky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which Japanese ones do you like? I know Yamazaki gets all the dap, but for me, if both are on the menu, I'm taking Hibiki every time. I had a few glasses of Hibiki 18 when I was living in Japan. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Which Japanese ones do you like? I know Yamazaki gets all the dap, but for me, if both are on the menu, I'm taking Hibiki every time. I had a few glasses of Hibiki 18 when I was living in Japan. Amazing.
    You have good taste. I was also given a bottle of Suntory Hakushu; very nice indeed.

Chemex seems too involved for me. I like my press because it's great coffee and very easy, cleanup included. I'm not going to say I don't like the ritual of it, but most days I don't make coffee it's because I don't feel like the hassle. I'm usually reaching for the Red Bull instead.
    I here ya, but I actually enjoy the ritual. Though since we have the Technivorm, that's what I use when I don't feel like the hassle. Once in a blue moon I'll pull out the French Press. It's great, but I compost my coffee grounds and it's more of a pain to scoop those out than to take the filter out of the Chemex or from the brewer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    You have good taste. I was also given a bottle of Suntory Hakushu; very nice indeed.

Hakushu is pretty good, but it's got a little too much burn for me.

6. Likes TJMike5150 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I here ya, but I actually enjoy the ritual. Though since we have the Technivorm, that's what I use when I don't feel like the hassle. Once in a blue moon I'll pull out the French Press. It's great, but I compost my coffee grounds and it's more of a pain to scoop those out than to take the filter out of the Chemex or from the brewer.
    What are you supposed to do with coffee grounds? In the garbage disposal? Trash?

Currently I take mine up to the roof and pour them out on my neighbor's deck.

8. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    What are you supposed to do with coffee grounds? In the garbage disposal? Trash?

Currently I take mine up to the roof and pour them out on my neighbor's deck.
    I told you. I compost them.

Ok, let me catch up here...

I like coffee but I defile mine with creamer.

I prefer french press but now that I'm working again (and lazy remember) i just make Kurig (sp) coffee at work now. It's quick and convenient and free.

I love beer, though I've been gluten free for about 10 years now and can no longer drink regular beer. I still drink gluten-free beer and cider.

I love whisky, just bought some Aberlour 12 at Costco last night for my friends visit that starts tomorrow.

@seriously, the must not fap meme is hilarious!!!
    Kody

11. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post

I like coffee but I defile mine with creamer.
    Defiling - that's a good way to put it. But even I would put creamer in a Keurig coffee, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    I love whisky, just bought some Aberlour 12 at Costco last night for my friends visit that starts tomorrow.
    Aberlour is one of my favorites...particularly the 16 year, but the 12 is great too. I wish our nearby Costco did sprits, but this branch doesn't. Only wine and beer.