Likes Likes:  4,309
Page 421 of 510 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5100

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    We're at a similar spot: Montreal is one place we're considering if we have to leave the country. We were inches away from talking to an immigration lawyer in 2016. We did a bunch go Googling, we had a bunch of questions lined up, and were ready to make the call but we did an about face at the last moment. Having grown up in Rochester, NY, I have been fortunate enough to enjoy multiple visits to Canada. It's a place I'd be happy to call home.
    We looked into it, too, but it doesn't work for retired people, you have to be working or looking to work there. There are some countries where you can get residency just by bringing and investing a certain amount of money in that country (like Australia), and other countries where you can essentially just buy your way in. Not anywhere we'd want to go, though. Canada used to have an investment program, but they killed it years ago.

The Maritimes are wonderful. The wife and I did a cruise a few years ago: Bar Harbor, Halifax, Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, and Montreal.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. Likes G07 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I feel like I’ve spent most of 2022 sick. And I’m a bit over it.

Covid, twice.

Sinus/Upper Respiratory Infection, 3 times.

Bronchitis.

Pulmonary Embolism…fantastic evening in the ER. Got to try fentanyl. Didn’t touch the pain. Doctor suspects it was my second go round with Covid in early June, plus the bronchitis, plus the fireworks/air quality that did it. (Went the night of July 4th. Yes there were people missing fingers, I jumped them in line because chest pain and breathing issues.)

Most recently Pneumonia. Presently 2 days into another 10 day round of antibiotics.

I’ll be 35 in October. Bleh. I blame daycare.

Vent over. Here’s a picture of a Praying Mantis watching over my Carolina Reaper plant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I feel like I’ve spent most of 2022 sick. And I’m a bit over it.

Covid, twice.

Sinus/Upper Respiratory Infection, 3 times.

Bronchitis.

Pulmonary Embolism…fantastic evening in the ER. Got to try fentanyl. Didn’t touch the pain. Doctor suspects it was my second go round with Covid in early June, plus the bronchitis, plus the fireworks/air quality that did it. (Went the night of July 4th. Yes there were people missing fingers, I jumped them in line because chest pain and breathing issues.)

Most recently Pneumonia. Presently 2 days into another 10 day round of antibiotics.

I’ll be 35 in October. Bleh. I blame daycare.

Vent over. Here’s a picture of a Praying Mantis watching over my Carolina Reaper plant:

Ha, same! We decided to enroll our toddler in Montessori school this summer and she got her first cold that made me sick, then my wife, then she got a second cold, I got sick, then my wife, rinse and repeat - 4th round now. Sofi had a fever this evening and has been feeling miserable all day. This last cold I had was more mild but lasted forever. The first two were much more severe. I'm not ruling out Covid, but I did test negative twice with the home kits, but my wife and I agree, something felt different with these colds.

6. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Sorry Shaun, no fun. I've been injured a fair bit too - biking accident, climbing accident, general old age, which has meant lots of time off well biking and climbing really. Annoying.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Jesus, Spooky - that’s quite a list for a youngster. There looks to be some inter-relatedness with those disorders, so hopefully you’ll come out the other side, like a man emerging from the forest.

10. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Jesus, Spooky - that’s quite a list for a youngster. There looks to be some inter-relatedness with those disorders, so hopefully you’ll come out the other side, like a man emerging from the forest.
    Indeed, sounds terrible. I’ve been very fortunate, rarely get sick. I try to even things out by injuring myself regularly as I try to ignore the fact that I’m getting old and can’t/shouldn’t be doing things as if I’m still 30 years younger. The latest is I may have significantly messed up my left knee this week, will find out as soon as I can get to the doctor. I had my ACL replaced and meniscus removed from the right knee six years ago, and I’ve been kind of wondering if the other one was going to go eventually…

12. Likes Spooky, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    ...The latest is I may have significantly messed up my left knee this week....
    In a Rugby match?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

14. Likes geoffbot, Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I feel like I’ve spent most of 2022 sick. And I’m a bit over it....
    Fortitude. It takes fortitude to get through everything you have.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

16. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    In a Rugby match?
    Ha! That would be a terrible idea at my age. Just cumulative, I think, it erupted on the 15th hole during a swing yesterday, but had been a little sore for a couple of days before that. Currently at the doc, so will find out the damage soon…

18. Likes Spooky liked this post