Likes Likes:  4,208
Page 442 of 499 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 4989

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Nice! I didn't know they made anything other than variations of the iconic mesh-type chair. Personally, I can't stand those, I find them completely lacking of the level of support I want/need. That goes for all mesh chairs--they all have too much give, especially over time, for my tastes. And I'm not a heavy person.
    Oh really? I used to be a leather chair guy, then I got their Aeron chair, which is mesh, about 8 or 9 years ago, maybe longer. It’s just about the most comfortable chair I’ve ever sat in and keeps me cool over long stints. Hell, I even have slept in it on dozens of occasions during my many bouts of insomnia. When I had my hypnic headaches last year, the best sleep I could manage was in my Aeron. I am looking forward to having a higher back this time, though.

The mesh nap on my Aeron has worn a little and needs repair (a few broken strands), but overall the chair is still just about perfect. And with a lifetime warranty, the repair should be covered. My brother has an Embody, which is also not mesh, but I don’t find it as comfortable.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Oh really? I used to be a leather chair guy, then I got their Aeron chair, which is mesh, about 8 or 9 years ago, maybe longer. It’s just about the most comfortable chair I’ve ever sat in and keeps me cool over long stints. Hell, I even have slept in it on dozens of occasions during my many bouts of insomnia. When I had my hypnic headaches last year, the best sleep I could manage was in my Aeron. I am looking forward to having a higher back this time, though.

The mesh nap on my Aeron has worn a little and needs repair (a few broken strands), but overall the chair is still just about perfect. And with a lifetime warranty, the repair should be covered. My brother has an Embody, which is also not mesh, but I don’t find it as comfortable.
    Well, to each his own. My office in London had them and I was never comfortable in them. Our conference room here had a non-HM variant that I spent many endless and uncomfortable hours in. Of course that could have been at least partially due to EMF (endless meeting fatigue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Well, to each his own. My office in London had them and I was never comfortable in them. Our conference room here had a non-HM variant that I spent many endless and uncomfortable hours in. Of course that could have been at least partially due to EMF (endless meeting fatigue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish my old office had Aerons! We had some standard style office chair, rated for like 15 hours a day or some wild shit like that. Uncomfortable, hot, and back then, significantly more expensive than Aerons, I was so mad that we were stuck with those terrible chairs. I mean, those chairs cost then what an Aeron costs now, or thereabouts, $1500-1600, around there. I got my Aeron for under a thousand, but now it’s much more.

I never thought I liked musical theater but it turns out I just never really have it a chance. Last year I went to Hamilton in Des Moines and really liked it. Then last night my wife (no pics) scored some tickets to Cabaret at the local theater in town. I did not know anything about the show going in and it was a great show that I really enjoyed. The actor who played the emcee and the actress who played Sally were both fantastic but the entire cast was great. There's a lot of great local talent in the area. I will definitely be keeping my eye open to what is coming to town

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

5. Likes Raza, geoffbot, Mediocre liked this post
    My favourite musicals: les mis, phantom of the opera, jesus christ superstar, chess, book of mormon
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I never thought I liked musical theater but it turns out I just never really have it a chance. Last year I went to Hamilton in Des Moines and really liked it. Then last night my wife (no pics) scored some tickets to Cabaret at the local theater in town. I did not know anything about the show going in and it was a great show that I really enjoyed. The actor who played the emcee and the actress who played Sally were both fantastic but the entire cast was great. There's a lot of great local talent in the area. I will definitely be keeping my eye open to what is coming to town

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    I’m not much for musical theater myself—in most cases, the stoppage of the story progression for the song and dance number takes me out of the immersion of the piece. But Hamilton is different, I absolutely love it. I saw it with the original cast in New York, then again, and then I watched the original cast version on Disney+. Much to my chagrin, they censored my favorite song, not only that, my favorite verse in my favorite song, but it was still a great experience to see the original cast again from different angles and with close-ups that I couldn’t see from my balcony seat. I am hoping that they release an uncensored version on Disney+. I mean, Logan and the Deadpool movies are on there, I think if Disney+ viewers are mature enough to watch those movies, they can take Hercules Mulligan saying shit and **** one time each.

I dislike musicals so much I’ve never seen one…

I’ve seen the cinematic equivalents though, and plenty of excerpts on TV. They seem artificial to me, and either over-sentimental or overwrought. I’m the same with opera.

Cabaret itself might be a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

I’ve seen the cinematic equivalents though, and plenty of excerpts on TV. They seem artificial to me, and either over-sentimental or overwrought. I’m the same with opera.

like musicals but not the pomp and circumstance that goes with it same with opera on that school

but Cabaret now thats where all the cool kids hang and drink coffee and where dark shades and fancy hats ant it thats me ... yeah baby.. imagine me saying that a few times to the beat of my clicking fingers daddy o
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

10. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

One of the reasons I’ve enjoyed Lin Manuel Miranda’s musicals (Hamilton, Moana, Encanto) so much is that instead of the normal musical thing where the narrative stops and a character sings and dances their feelings to us, he uses the musical numbers diegetically and pushes the story forward with them. It’s not a pause, it’s generally a continuation of the storytelling. It makes for a different experience and one that is far superior to the majority of musicals.

12. Likes hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Have any of you ever stayed at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas or gone to the Shark Reef Aquarium there?

14. Likes Mediocre liked this post