Page 449 of 512 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5119

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Regular fries cost in London today. Takeaway. Name:  20230527_165609.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  63.5 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Regular fries cost in London today. Takeaway.
    Struth ! A fiver for a spud.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Regular fries cost in London today. Takeaway. Name:  20230527_165609.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  63.5 KB
    I looked on line--regular here is $4.19 before tax, vs. your 4.62 before VAT. I've always found things that cost a dollar here tend to cost a pound there (regardless of short term exchange rate fluctuations). So about 10% more where you are. We don't have VAT here, and sales taxes vary by state, ranging from zero to maybe 10%.

I mean takeaway fries. That's... A lot. Inflation I know, it's gone mega lately.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Oh yes, as the arrow goes through the bugler’s neck.
    Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a new phone - s23 ultra. Aside from the sharper edges it appears almost identical to the s21...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The Chat Thread #3

I am several fishbowl margaritas in.

It took me way longer to do the captcha to reset my password than it should have. (Maybe I am a robot?!)

By my own hand and weird curiosity I deleted (temporarily) one of my income streams. Got my ears pierced. Cannot donate plasma for 4 months. $160.00'ish a week times 16...so it cost me $2,700.00 to get my ears pierced. But it was worth it. Who doesn't like a fat kid with long hair and pierced ears?

Bought a new laptop today, hence the password reset. It's most for a new job. Have accepted a part time job with my wife, couple hours a night, medical billing enrollment. She has been doing it for years. Makes great money as far as Nebraska is concerned. This part time job will more than make up for my lost plasma donations. Freyja wanted her ears pierced, watched me get it done. We might have delayed it a year.

Went out to eat with the Neighbor (good guy) at a nice place. Enjoying sort of not really having much hanging over our head. (Except a small collections case...I'll give more detail later...while slightly more, eh, cognizant. )

Speaking of new phones, we're due for an upgrade. May have to spend one of my first part time paychecks on that. Also saving for 2A stuff and a new pair of boots. I am not cheap date.

Let's see if I can post pictures using my phone after typing this on the new laptop with a different enough keyboard that I seem not to be able to type on...

Edit/: and some pictures of the human. She’s the best. Man I’m weird sometimes. But why not.
    Last edited by Spooky; Jun 3, 2023 at 02:14 AM.

9. Likes geoffbot, tribe125, hayday, gnuyork liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I am several fishbowl margaritas in.

It took me way longer to do the captcha to reset my password than it should have. (Maybe I am a robot?!)

By my own hand and weird curiosity I deleted (temporarily) one of my income streams. Got my ears pierced. Cannot donate plasma for 4 months. $160.00'ish a week times 16...so it cost me $2,700.00 to get my ears pierced. But it was worth it. Who doesn't like a fat kid with long hair and pierced ears?

Bought a new laptop today, hence the password reset. It's most for a new job. Have accepted a part time job with my wife, couple hours a night, medical billing enrollment. She has been doing it for years. Makes great money as far as Nebraska is concerned. This part time job will more than make up for my lost plasma donations. Freyja wanted her ears pierced, watched me get it done. We might have delayed it a year.

Went out to eat with the Neighbor (good guy) at a nice place. Enjoying sort of not really having much hanging over our head. (Except a small collections case...I'll give more detail later...while slightly more, eh, cognizant. )

Speaking of new phones, we're due for an upgrade. May have to spend one of my first part time paychecks on that. Also saving for 2A stuff and a new pair of boots. I am not cheap date.

Let's see if I can post pictures using my phone after typing this on the new laptop with a different enough keyboard that I seem not to be able to type on...

Edit/: and some pictures of the human. She’s the best. Man I’m weird sometimes. But why not.

Every time you post pics of your daughter, she’s so full of joy that it fills my heart with warmth.

Good luck with the part time gig, it’s always nice to be able to make up for lost income in a relatively easy way. One less thing to worry about. Hope you and your family have been well.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

11. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries

The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Every time you post pics of your daughter, she’s so full of joy that it fills my heart with warmth.

Good luck with the part time gig, it’s always nice to be able to make up for lost income in a relatively easy way. One less thing to worry about. Hope you and your family have been well.
    I appreciate your kind words. We strive for her to have the sort of childhood we both missed out on. We’re truly lucky have to such an intelligent, bold little daughter.

She’ll be 5 in October, and has been sounding out words. At a farmers market, unprompted she sounded out the word “Gazania”. As far as we’re aware that’s the first word she ever naturally read. She just tested for early enrollment to kindergarten, we’ll find out in a couple weeks if she made the cut. (It’ll be nice to not be paying $220.00/week for daycare. )

And tomorrow, first day of swimming lessons. We are excited.

Zoo in Omaha NE last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Raza, hayday, gnuyork liked this post