Likes Likes:  159
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good old faithful

Hybrid View

Good old faithful

There are probably a few threads on a similar vein, but let's re-live it:

Plain and simple - Out of your whole current collection, which is your all time (so far) favourite?

Mine?, I've said it before perhaps, but this one:

Name:  nivrel.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  60.9 KB

Reason: I just freakin' love it

What's yours ?

No contest:
    Name:  MySMP01.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  221.2 KB

Coming up to 17 years of ownership, and still like it as much as when I bought it.
    Note to self: Take a better picture !
    Last edited by crownpuller; Jan 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Must be this one:

My SMP 2255 mod
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  88.5 KB
    Water shot
Views: 210
Size:  51.9 KB
    Also my SMP chrono which I've had for 18 years.
    Chrono on top
Views: 179
Size:  133.1 KB
    Last edited by Lexvil; Jan 21, 2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post
    Also my SMP chrono which I've had for 18 years. Pic later
    you have to pick just one, better make that cruel decision , one's gonna hate you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    you have to pick just one, better make that cruel decision , one's gonna hate you for it.
    Can I give the chrono back to my wife, anniversary gift from long ago? But either way if I had to keep only one it would by the 2255 as modded.

7. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Don't feel happy giving the title Old Faithful to something I've only had for fourteen months....

9. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    That's a tough one. For me, I think I would have to go with the RGM TZLE.

It's an amazing and understated watch. Exceptionally thin and with a twin barrel Lemania movement in it, it keeps great time.

What is funny about this watch is that I am not a huge fan of the dial. It's not that I don't like it but more that I see so much potential in the watch to make it better. So much that I bought a second copy of the watch (of which there were less than 49 produced based on my conversations with RGM) with the purpose of having RGM make a guilloche dial for the second one. Also, the second copy I bought had the beautiful engraved rotor which I find more interesting than the stainless steel rotor on my first copy. There was actually a third variation of the rotors produced in gold with Geneva stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    That's a tough one. For me, I think I would have to go with the RGM TZLE.

It's an amazing and understated watch. Exceptionally thin and with a twin barrel Lemania movement in it, it keeps great time.

What is funny about this watch is that I am not a huge fan of the dial. It's not that I don't like it but more that I see so much potential in the watch to make it better. So much that I bought a second copy of the watch (of which there were less than 49 produced based on my conversations with RGM) with the purpose of having RGM make a guilloche dial for the second one. Also, the second copy I bought had the beautiful engraved rotor which I find more interesting than the stainless steel rotor on my first copy. There was actually a third variation of the rotors produced in gold with Geneva stripes.

You know Brian, if that dial ever bothers you too much...

12. Likes Seriously, JAGtime, OrangeSport liked this post