Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a case and a dial for a Seiko 66 movement

Looking for a case and a dial for a Seiko 66 movement

I've a Seiko 66 movement in very nice condition, with its original handset. The dial is dying and the case is nothing special.

I'm not sure until when the 66 movement carried on being made; how might I go about trying to find a case and a dial that can use them, aside for waiting for a dead Seiko in good condition to appear on eBay (which I'm already exploring)

I would try getting in touch with as many watch repairers as possible. They often seem to hoard parts such as cases etc.

Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    I would try getting in touch with as many watch repairers as possible. They often seem to hoard parts such as cases etc.
    I was hoping there might be some kind of centralised Seiko hoarder with an eBay presence

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I was hoping there might be some kind of centralised Seiko hoarder with an eBay presence
    Wishful thinking mate, we'd all love that!

Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Wishful thinking mate, we'd all love that!
    Come on free market get your arse in gear

I should probably try to find a dial first, I guess. Someone very helpfully told me the name of the eBay seller to contact for that kind of thing and I very ungratefully and foolishly didn't make a note of the name

It's a long game mate, you need to just keep looking. I have project watches in the drawer just waiting for the right parts watch to become available.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I suppose I need to identify a cheap plentifully made late 60s model that contained a 66 movement.

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    It's a long game mate, you need to just keep looking. I have project watches in the drawer just waiting for the right parts watch to become available.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    yeah got a box full of working a+ movements with dials+ hands just waiting for the right case to appear haha
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

11. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I suppose I need to identify a cheap plentifully made late 60s model that contained a 66 movement.

That would be a good starting point.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches