Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bidirectional bezels?

Bidirectional bezels?

Does anyone still make watches with bidirectional bezels like the old Rolex bezels? Not like the Amphibians where the can rotate freely but a system where you have to press down on the bezel to rotate them. http://www.rolexephemera.com/mil-how-it-works.htm

Just curious cause I hate unidirectional bezels.

I have a couple bi-directionals...but no locking rotating system, just turn left or right.

Damasko DA45
    Name:  DA45-3.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  133.0 KB

Omega Baby Ploprof
    Name:  Omega BP 2.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  100.9 KB

And of course you could go to an internal bezel...Hammy Navy, rare blue version
    Name:  Hammy Navy.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  136.1 KB

A regular Ploprof has a bi-directional button that you press the orange button to turn

Think the PolProf has one, with a release button.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

I have a few bi-directionals. They sure do take the stress out of being anal retentive.

And some watches that are uni, I took off the ring inside to make them bi - especially if there was any error in the alignment.

Unless the alignment is perfect, a uni - is a P in the A to live with. And let's face it, somewhere along the circumference, somebody is always gonna be a bit off.

This came bi- : Aristo pilot.

Name:  DSCN1915.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  56.4 KB

6. Likes Bwana liked this post
    Squale features a push-down bi-directional bezel...

My Damasko is also bi-directional, which makes perfect sense since I ordered the 1-12 bezel to use as an inexpensive and easy second time zone. I wear it on planes for overseas trips so I don't smash up my JLC Hometime, which stays safe in its case until I've landed.

Name:  Damasko Front 3 Smaller.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  93.6 KB

9. Likes Chronopolitano, Bwana, geoffbot liked this post
    Are you talking only on dive watches
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Yeah, probably not what you're talking about, but Breitling's Navitimer has a bi directional bezel. Not a diving or timing bezel though, it's part of the E6B flight computer.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Not in current production, the Porsche Design P6780 (or it's predecessor Eterna KonTiki Diver) has an internal bidirectional bezel. Diver heresy, I hear you say, but no! .... the diver unlocks the case from the titanium cage and tips up the case to unlock the bezel. Once the bezel is set, the case drops back into the cage and the bezel is locked so no danger of mistiming your dive accidentally (not pushing the limits of your gas is another thing entirely....)

Last edited by WWII70; Jan 22, 2015 at 01:54 AM.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

13. Likes Chronopolitano, MarkO, synequano liked this post