Likes Likes:  203
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTC, part 4 and Grand Finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    I'm sure it was painful to have your collection stolen, Henry. For me, that kind of thing puts into perspective that our watches are just stuff and can be replaced, no matter how much we obsess over them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more. I've always fancied the Rado with the white dial and blue accents.
    I loved some of those watches but with the exception of one, they were all quite easy to replace. In fact it eventually became fun. The only one that couldn't be replaced was my wife's Dad's Gruen.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I loved some of those watches but with the exception of one, they were all quite easy to replace. In fact it eventually became fun. The only one that couldn't be replaced was my wife's Dad's Gruen.
    That's true; heirlooms are irreplaceable. Nevertheless, it sounds like it's time to embark on a hunt for a nice Gruen.

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    That's true; heirlooms are irreplaceable. Nevertheless, it sounds like it's time to embark on a hunt for a nice Gruen.
    I've got one that is kind of nice, but I have my eyes out for one more like my Father in laws. I've never seen another quite like it yet.Name:  SWGGruen.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  69.5 KB

4. Likes Imitation of Life, JAGtime liked this post
    moi aussi

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Shameless,

I agree.

Jane
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70
    +1. Write as much as you want. It is the stories that make our watches more interesting.
    I can only agree - without the write-up, we're only enjoying the pictures. Very nice ones, but still. The info and stories bring these pictures to life and make me / us look in to brands that we normally wouldn't look at. That may not always be a good thing, though
    So let's keep them coming, the pictures and the text.

I do enjoy SOTC-threads and I've more than once thought about doing one myself. But then, I don't have any special or interesting watches and there is definitely no big philosophy or master-plan driving my collection ..... The only themes (apart from buying what I like): a space connection and project watches.
    IWL member 90

Thanks for sharing not just the collection, but more importantly the story behind each watch. The stories told add not just "life" into the watches, but give meaning to this hobby. And here's wishing you luck in search of the Gruen....I believe good things will happen to good people.

9. Likes JAGtime, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    You are starting to get me into looking at Rado!
    Yes, that was my first thought too, some really beauties there

11. Likes Henry Krinkle, scottjc liked this post
    Wow, great write up, nice watches, stellar pics, keep 'em coming Henry Krinkle!!!

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Beautiful collection Hank.
    I still say that you need to show them all in one dirty great collection picture though 😊
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

15. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    It's unusual that such a strong, sporty looking watch should also look right without minute markers.

17. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post