Likes Likes:  103
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great movie quotes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    There's a great scene in "Working Girl" (Dir: Mike Nichols, 1988) where Harrison Ford (who should have done more comedy, he's great in this) is berating Melanie Griffith after a nerve-wracking meeting where she adlibbed her way through. And he says;

"I've read about people like you. You're like one of these obsessed cops. The kind nobody'll ride with 'cos their partners wind up dead or crazy."

And in "The Barefoot Contessa" (Joseph L. Mankiewicz, 1954), there's a scene where a drunken blonde makes a comment about the Contessa (played by Ava Gardner) and is quickly shot down by another lady named Jerry;

Drunken Blonde- "She hasn't even got what I've got."

Jerry- "What she's got you couldn't spell, and what you've got, you used to have!"

Oh, and of course, the entire 'horse racing' discussion scene between Bogart and Bacall in "The Big Sleep" (Dir; Howard Hawks, 1946)
    The Big Sleep is my favorite Bogart movie and I'm pretty sure Martha Vickers is the girl of my dreams.

Great movie quotes!

Some others

Who is Keyser Soze?

Rocco: ****in'- What the ****in'. ****. Who the **** ****ed this ****ing... How did you two ****ing ****s... ****!
    Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.

Rocco: Duke ****ing Wayne!
    Connor MacManus/Murphy MacManus: Duke ****ing WAYNE!
    Rocco: Men build things, then we die. It's in our ****ing DNA! THAT'S WHAT WE DO!
    Murphy MacManus: And when it all falls down?
    Rocco: We build it right back up again.
    Connor MacManus: But this time bigger. BETTER!
    Rocco: Look! Look what we can do. Look how ****in' beautiful we are. You think the men that built all this had it easy?
    Murphy MacManus: Hard men!
    Connor MacManus: Doing hard shit!
    Rocco: and that gives me a hard on... But not in a gay way or anything like that.
    Murphy MacManus: No, 'course not
    Connor MacManus: Yeah it goes without sayin'
    Rocco: I am so sick of all of this self help, twelve step, leftover hippie generation bullshit!
    Connor MacManus: Now they don't want you to do anything, right? Just sit there. Don't drink.
    Murphy MacManus: Don't smoke. Don't drive fast.
    Connor MacManus/Murphy MacManus/Rocco: Kiss my ass!
    Rocco: **** it! Do it all I say! Do you think Duke Wayne spent all of his time talking about his feelings with a ****in' therapist?
    Connor MacManus: There's no ****ing way he did!
    Rocco: John Wayne died with five pounds of undigested red meat in his ass. Now that's a man! Real men hide their feelings. Why?
    Connor MacManus/Murphy MacManus/Rocco: Because it's none of your ****in' business!
    Rocco: Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the ****in' jaw and say...
    Detective Greenly: Thanks for comin' out.

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Lisa Belgetti: When people risk their lives, shouldn't it be for something very important?
    Michael Delaney: Well, it better be.
    Lisa Belgetti: But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
    Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

3. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunwell View Post
    Not to be picky; but isn't it The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? One of my favorites

"Stop those rhymes, and I mean it". ......"anybody want a peanut"

Vizzini & fezzik TPB
    Not picky at all. It's about being correct, which I wasn't! Thanks for the cinema check, I'll go back and edit the original too.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    The Big Sleep is my favorite Bogart movie and I'm pretty sure Martha Vickers is the girl of my dreams.
    Like life, it makes no sense, but is made up of perfect little scenes. And yeah, every guy should meet a Carmen Sternwood type once in their lives. For better or worse. This film is my second favourite Bogart movie. "Casablanca" eats every other movie ever made for breakfast. The world needs a few more Rick Blaines in it. I can't do it all by myself.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Pulp Fiction
    Jules
    : I'm not giving you that money. I'm buying something from you. Wanna know what I'm buyin' Ringo?

Pumpkin: What?
    Jules: Your life. I'm givin' you that money so I don't have to kill your ass. You read the Bible?
    Pumpkin: Not regularly.
    Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherf#*er before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some sh*t this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

7. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Scent of a Woman (1992).

Lt.Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino):

-The day we stop lookin', Charlie, is the day we die.

- Oh, uh, Charlie - about your little problem - there are two kinds of people in this world: those who stand up and face the music, and those who run for cover. Cover is better.

-
    When in doubt... ****.

Heat (1995).

(Al Pacino, De Niro)

Vincent Hanna: So you never wanted a regular type life?
    Neil MacCauly: What the **** is that? Barbecues and ballgames?

Million Dollar Baby (2004).

(Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, )

Eddie "Scrap Iron":
    If there's magic in boxing, it's the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys and detached retinas. It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you.

Eddie "Scrap Iron":
    All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bit out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

9. Likes bolaberlim, TokyoLunch liked this post
    Bert Gordon: Eddie, is it alright if I get personal?

Fast Eddie: Whaddaya been so far?

Bert Gordon: Eddie, you're a born loser.

Fast Eddie: What's that supposed to mean?

Bert Gordon: First time in ten years I ever saw Minnesota Fats hooked... really hooked. But you let him off.

Fast Eddie: I told you I got drunk.

Bert Gordon: Sure you got drunk. You have the best excuse in the world for losing; no trouble losing when you got a good excuse. Winning... that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey. You'll drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.

Fast Eddie: Thanks for the drink.

11. Likes Teeritz, bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNomad View Post
    Scent of a Woman (1992).

Lt.Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino):

-The day we stop lookin', Charlie, is the day we die.
    Excellent call.....

13. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    "Yeeehaa, Jester's dead!"

- Top Gun, Goose.

15. Likes bolaberlim, shemp liked this post
    Lock stock & 2 smoking barrels

Rory Breaker
    : Your stupidity must be your one saving grace.

Nick the Greek: Uh?
    Rory Breaker: Don't "uh" me Greek boy! How is it that your ****ing stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white c***'s joke that black c***s don't get? 'Cause Im not ****ing laughing Ni-ko-las!
    Nick the Greek: [shrugs nervously]
    Rory Breaker: I know you couldn't have known my position 'cause you're not that stupid that if you did, you wouldn't have turned up here scratching your arse with that "what's going on here?" look slapped all over your chevy chase! But what you do know is where these people live.
    [rises from his chair and walks towards Nick]
    Rory Breaker: If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything, I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now, do you understand everything I've just said? 'Cause if you don't, I'll kill ya! Now, Mr Bubble and Squeak, you may enlighten me.
    Nick the Greek: [nods nervously]

17. Likes bolaberlim liked this post