Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First of the new year, and first Rolex!

First of the new year, and first Rolex!

Those who know me on the forum probably have figured out that I like things slightly off the beaten path. I have been waiting for the right moment to get this watch, and the moment finally arrived, after having tried it on and looked at it multiple times over the past two years. I guess the biggest criticism of the watch is that it may not be suitable for wearing every day--I have too many nice watches to worry about whether I can wear this one with everything, so no problem. So, without further ado:

Name:  Hulk Watch Box Small.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  100.1 KBName:  Hulk in Box Small.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  118.1 KBName:  Hulk Small 1.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  88.5 KBName:  Hulk Small 2.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  76.3 KBName:  Hulk Small 3.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  69.6 KBName:  Hulk Small 7.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  128.8 KBName:  Hulk Small 8.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  133.4 KB

The dial is amazing, changing shades from pretty bright green to very deep green to almost black, depending upon the light, as you can see from the pictures. The bracelet is incredibly comfortable, and the glidelock means a perfect fit under any conditions. I am a happy camper!

green sub, good choice
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Those who know me on the forum probably have figured out that I like things slightly off the beaten path. I have been waiting for the right moment to get this watch, and the moment finally arrived, after having tried it on and looked at it multiple times over the past two years. I guess the biggest criticism of the watch is that it may not be suitable for wearing every day--I have too many nice watches to worry about whether I can wear this one with everything, so no problem. So, without further ado:

Name:  Hulk Watch Box Small.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  100.1 KBName:  Hulk in Box Small.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  118.1 KBName:  Hulk Small 1.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  88.5 KBName:  Hulk Small 2.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  76.3 KBName:  Hulk Small 3.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  69.6 KBName:  Hulk Small 7.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  128.8 KBName:  Hulk Small 8.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  133.4 KB

The dial is amazing, changing shades from pretty bright green to very deep green to almost black, depending upon the light, as you can see from the pictures. The bracelet is incredibly comfortable, and the glidelock means a perfect fit under any conditions. I am a happy camper!
    mlcor,

The "Hulk" looks great on you. And with the depth of your collection, you are right...it doesn't matter if it can be worn everyday. Although I am guessing for a short time, it WILL GO with everything you wear. Enjoy it in good health!

Jane

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    mlcor,

The "Hulk" looks great on you. And with the depth of your collection, you are right...it doesn't matter if it can be worn everyday. Although I am guessing for a short time, it WILL GO with everything you wear. Enjoy it in good health!

Jane
    Thanks, Jane. 40mm is pretty much about the perfect size for my average-sized wrist. Remember the thread about how long we've gone with the same watch? I think my limit is about three days, even for new watches I love. Anyway, I have a very interesting watch coming early next week that will get wrist time regardless... Variety is the spice of life.

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Very nice! The first Rolex I ever tried on actually,before I bought my Sub.

Enjoy it!
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

8. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Congratulations. The green version is one fine looking Sub.

10. Likes mlcor liked this post
    WOW!! Very nice indeed...congrats, mlcor! What a great addition to your collection.
    It's funny; I love green, but when Rolex started putting green on their Subs, I didn't really like their particular green. It seemed kind of flat and lacklustre to my eyes. So I don't know if they've "fine tuned" the colour on the Subs, or whether I'm just getting used to it, but I really like that watch in that colour now.
    Enjoy!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    WOW!! Very nice indeed...congrats, mlcor! What a great addition to your collection.
    It's funny; I love green, but when Rolex started putting green on their Subs, I didn't really like their particular green. It seemed kind of flat and lacklustre to my eyes. So I don't know if they've "fine tuned" the colour on the Subs, or whether I'm just getting used to it, but I really like that watch in that colour now.
    Enjoy!

~Sherry.
    Thanks, Sherry! I didn't care for the previous version, the Kermit, with the black dial. Didn't think the colors worked well together. But this one...

13. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Congrats! What a great start for the year.

It looks just at home on your wrist. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Congrats that green is like looking at watch candy

17. Likes mlcor liked this post