Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Federal court rules in favor of COSTCO in Omega Graymarket case

Federal court rules in favor of COSTCO in Omega Graymarket case

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Wonder if this means Costco will increase their watch sales inventory? Sounds like they and other GM dealers have a green light.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Wow I'm happily surprised by the ruling.

This isn't surprising in the light of their 2013 ruling expanding the first sale doctrine. I wonder how many people will be fooled into thinking these are real, Swiss made Omegas...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    This isn't surprising in the light of their 2013 ruling expanding the first sale doctrine. I wonder how many people will be fooled into thinking these are real, Swiss made Omegas...
    But they are real Swiss made Omegas, they were just intended for other markets and sold at different prices - this isn't about legalising fraud, it's about banning restrictive practices. I just wish they'd do the same about spares.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    this isn't about legalising fraud
    Yesterday I was thinking the same, they were/are just grey market after all.

Yep, my mistake. I thought they were made under license in Paraguay, but they were just regular Omegas sold by Omega into Paraguay, apparently for substantially less than they would sell them to distributors in the US. So to some extent, this is a problem of their own making due to differences in pricing from Omega by country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Wonder if this means Costco will increase their watch sales inventory? Sounds like they and other GM dealers have a green light.
    Funny, I came here to post that I have seen the grey dialed AT at my local Costco, and the last several times I head straight to the watch cast for a peek. This last time (friday night) I was rather surprised to see not only the AT, but now the Speedmaster presented in it's new fancy box. I'm not sure the retail on the Speedmaster, but it seemed like the Costco price was pretty OK.

It sure looked nice sitting there, I will need to practice extreme restraint everytime I go to Costco. The Speedmaster and the AT are next up on watches I want.