Not the usual... Damasko, Nomos, Sinn, Stowa or Tutima (I think that covers ~95% of 'em).

Okay guys... I have finally gotten the chance to pull the trigger on my newest acquisition, a Deutsch that is also a Flieger design. I am not a particular fan of the Fliegers (only having a couple other Russians), but this one just grabbed me. Who knows, maybe I will jump on this band wagon now?

Here's how it all played out:

Several months ago I was watching one of the many car shows I like on the tube. I record them all and play back with no commercials, etc. I see an episode of one where they are showing a few classic cars doing some Rallying (sp?). The shot moves to the inside of the cockpit of one car and I see a set of the most beautiful Rallye Gauges I have seen in a while. I stop, rewind, playback in slow-mo, rewind, playback, etc., several times and am finally able to freeze it on a close-up of the gauges and read the name.

I immediately jump on the 'ol interwebs to see what I can find out. Of course, I find a web site, and start reading thru it. The site is all in German, so a little tough going. Then I spot it... he also builds wristwatches! I bookmark it and keep returning to drool a little more, as the funds weren't there at that particular moment. Now that the dollar is a bunch stronger... Fast forward (in time), and I come up with a little extra 'play money' and go to bring up the site... and it is GONE! My heart stops for a few seconds (you know how we are?). I track down the gentleman's email address and we start emailing. I am trying to remember the different models he had listed and we finally get to what I want with some modifications and several emails going back and forth. He is the most patient individual I have ever dealt with... I guess you would just have to know me.

I wasn't sure about the Stirling Moss bracelet (one he still wears to this day), but after trying it on and wearing it around the house for awhile... I think I am really digging it! I'll have to switch it over to the black leather with Rallye holes, that it came with originally, to see if I like it better (I optioned to have the Stirling Bracelet installed). May even look for a Black leather with red stitching... hmmmnn. I've had to put this post off for a week till I finally received it from Germany/DHL (one week... not bad!). It's been killing me since I first saw it, several months ago.

So, without further ado, I present the little known German - Herr RundenMeister Mechanik Fliegeruhr ...

(Sorry, just noticed the dust... grrr!)

He included a nice brochure covering his products, warranty, personal cards and even a cool pen!!

Sorry to repeat this post, as I am going to plaster it all over, since I have not seen another on the forums.

Thanx for your patience guys and hope you have enjoyed it even a fraction of what I have.