Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New German Arrival and One I am Betting You Have Not Heard of... Yet...

A New German Arrival and One I am Betting You Have Not Heard of... Yet...

Not the usual... Damasko, Nomos, Sinn, Stowa or Tutima (I think that covers ~95% of 'em).

Okay guys... I have finally gotten the chance to pull the trigger on my newest acquisition, a Deutsch that is also a Flieger design. I am not a particular fan of the Fliegers (only having a couple other Russians), but this one just grabbed me. Who knows, maybe I will jump on this band wagon now?

Here's how it all played out:

Several months ago I was watching one of the many car shows I like on the tube. I record them all and play back with no commercials, etc. I see an episode of one where they are showing a few classic cars doing some Rallying (sp?). The shot moves to the inside of the cockpit of one car and I see a set of the most beautiful Rallye Gauges I have seen in a while. I stop, rewind, playback in slow-mo, rewind, playback, etc., several times and am finally able to freeze it on a close-up of the gauges and read the name.

I immediately jump on the 'ol interwebs to see what I can find out. Of course, I find a web site, and start reading thru it. The site is all in German, so a little tough going. Then I spot it... he also builds wristwatches! I bookmark it and keep returning to drool a little more, as the funds weren't there at that particular moment. Now that the dollar is a bunch stronger... Fast forward (in time), and I come up with a little extra 'play money' and go to bring up the site... and it is GONE! My heart stops for a few seconds (you know how we are?). I track down the gentleman's email address and we start emailing. I am trying to remember the different models he had listed and we finally get to what I want with some modifications and several emails going back and forth. He is the most patient individual I have ever dealt with... I guess you would just have to know me.

I wasn't sure about the Stirling Moss bracelet (one he still wears to this day), but after trying it on and wearing it around the house for awhile... I think I am really digging it! I'll have to switch it over to the black leather with Rallye holes, that it came with originally, to see if I like it better (I optioned to have the Stirling Bracelet installed). May even look for a Black leather with red stitching... hmmmnn. I've had to put this post off for a week till I finally received it from Germany/DHL (one week... not bad!). It's been killing me since I first saw it, several months ago.

So, without further ado, I present the little known German - Herr RundenMeister Mechanik Fliegeruhr ...

(Sorry, just noticed the dust... grrr!)

He included a nice brochure covering his products, warranty, personal cards and even a cool pen!!

Sorry to repeat this post, as I am going to plaster it all over, since I have not seen another on the forums.

Thanx for your patience guys and hope you have enjoyed it even a fraction of what I have.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

What a striking watch, the build quality also looks excellent from your pictures.
    I'm also not sure about the bracelet, how comfortable is it?
    Congratulations on a unique acquisition, wear it in good health.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

I like the watch, nice. Hate the bracelet, get that nice watch on brown leather immediately!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    I like the watch, nice. Hate the bracelet, get that nice watch on brown leather immediately!!!!

Brown leather with a black dial?

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post

It is a flieger after all. Brown or black

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    It is a flieger after all. Brown or black

I agree with leather but just wasn't sure about brown.
    It would look excellent on black leather IMHO.

That's a nice watch!! Not really sure what grabs me...something about the crown guards, and the second hand layout with the red hand...but it all comes together nicely. Not digging that bracelet, though. I think a watch like that needs a pilot or rallye strap, definitely.

Enjoy! It's a beauty!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Like I mentioned above, I am really starting to like the looks and feel of the bracelet, esp. with the Stirling Moss history, racing, rallying, etc. I also would like to try a black with red stitching. I agree... brown, not so sure.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

Never heard of them, but it looks good.
    I personally don't care for the bracelet but it's not mine. Flieger = leather not Rally bracelet IMO.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Positively!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post