Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ultimate tool watch.....Leatherman Tread

Hybrid View

New ultimate tool watch.....Leatherman Tread

Leatherman Tread

Good info and video links here:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/any...d-1464202.html

Pretty inventive but not practical.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Pretty inventive but not practical.
    Looks practical to me, instead of a tool on the belt. Granted it Does not have a knife or pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    Looks practical to me, instead of a tool on the belt. Granted it Does not have a knife or pliers.
    Pratical? How do you get to the tools? + have to take bracelet off the watch head to use it...Pain in the arse

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

5. Likes man of kent liked this post
    Old Fogey Support Team chrono555's Avatar
    At the car, just fetching your zimmer frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Pratical? How do you get to the tools? + have to take bracelet off the watch head to use it...Pain in the arse

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Not at all. You have to take the watch off your wrist, but just bend a link in 90degs and the tool in the link next to it will be exposed.
    Wonder how soon it'll take before someone tries to get one of these into a (uk) prison. I can see at least one item that will undo the type of screw widely used inside.

7. Likes Yankeexpress, man of kent, I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrono555 View Post
    ...Wonder how soon it'll take before someone tries to get one of these into a (uk) prison. I can see at least one item that will undo the type of screw widely used inside.
    And you know this how?

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrono555 View Post
    Wonder how soon it'll take before someone tries to get one of these into a (uk) prison. I can see at least one item that will undo the type of screw widely used inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    And you know this how?

11. Likes Seriously, Colin, Raza, Roller.959 liked this post
    I'd say what makes it practical is that you can be sure you are carrying it - when you are desperate for a tool then mild inconvenience to get at it isn't such a big one. I agree I wouldn't touch the watch, but as ultra practical jewelry it's a win. Mind you, no pry bar,which when you get down to it is an essential. Personally I already usually wear a Gerber Shard when not working. Even minimal tools can make a huge difference at the right moment.

Useless if it doesn't have a beer bottle opener

14. Likes popoki nui, Roller.959 liked this post
    Great for another Mad Max remake

16. Likes popoki nui, Perseus liked this post