Likes Likes:  92
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Model you like from a brand you don't?

1 Model you like from a brand you don't?

I'm a pretty simple man when it comes to my watch tastes. I like simple 3 handers with a date between 38mm-41mm, thats it. I like simple and practical (but still good looking) watches, but thats just me, maybe its boring, but you like what you like.

It is for this reason I dislike most of the offerings from Breitling. I find them too big, too blingy, dials and bezel are too busy - in short they are just not my style. This isn't about brand bashing by the way, I'm actually still impressed that Breitling remained independent when others haven't and i'm a lot keener on some of their vintage pieces.

Name:  Breitling-Chronomat-Replica-Watches.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  72.4 KB

Lumps on the bezel, busy dial - not for me

Name:  gold-Breitling.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  233.4 KB

Just a no from me.

Name:  image_top_newsletter_top.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  96.0 KB

I can see why people like this piece, but its just too much for my eyes.

However there is 1 model of Breitling watches that I really admire and think is a marvellous looking watch and am always surprised it is not seen or mentioned often in threads. The Tudor BB is a very popular piece, yet this one is similar but not spoken about much. In my eyes its a far nicer piece (although I would prefer a standard bracelet).

Breitling Superocean Heritage

Name:  superocean-42-green.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  28.5 KBName:  baselworld-2011-breitling-superocean-green-heritage-42.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  91.4 KB

Anyway, is there any one model out there you really like from a brand whose style you generally don't get on with ?

Yes...The one I had and sold.......I'm soooo stupid..
    Name:  002.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  67.6 KB
    Zenith El Primero Hand Wind.

3. Likes Steppy liked this post
    I shan't bother boring you with my unoriginal thoughts on most Rolex, but I do like this one, discontinued about 25 years ago

Because it reminds me of one of my Seikos, I guess

5. Likes Steppy, JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Not a Tag fan @ all

.But this 1 just does somethin for me.... "wolf whistle."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

7. Likes Steppy, JAGtime, pantagruel, iyonk liked this post
    Fun thread. I guess this is kinda cool from romaine jerome

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1423681979845.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  39.2 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes Steppy, JAGtime liked this post
    Like the older Zeniths as opposed to the new ones, but this one is nice-

Name:  Zenith-El-Primero-410-05.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  53.7 KB
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

11. Likes JAGtime, pantagruel, hayday liked this post

1 Model you like from a brand you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    I like simple and practical (but still good looking) watches...It is for this reason I dislike most of the offerings from Breitling...This isn't about brand bashing by the way, I'm actually still impressed that Breitling remained independent when others haven't and i'm a lot keener on some of their vintage pieces.

However there is 1 model of Breitling watches that I really admire and think is a marvellous looking watch and am always surprised it is not seen or mentioned often in threads...Anyway, is there any one model out there you really like from a brand whose style you generally don't get on with ?
    You should check out Breitling's site. I bet they've got 1/2 dozen models you might like - here are a few:

Name:  transocean1.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  62.4 KB

I'd be hard pressed to think of a reputable watch company (whose models I could hope to afford) that doesn't offer at least a handful of watches I wouldn't mind owning. Most issues I've got are due to perceptions of the brands themselves (nope...I'm fine with Rolex...and any other major brand you can think of). Those views aren't exactly on-topic nor are they especially neighborly so that's for another time.
    Last edited by ljb187; Feb 11, 2015 at 09:01 PM.

13. Likes Dienekes, spronston liked this post
    I was completely indifferent to Crepas watches (and still am to their current offerings), until I saw this:
    Name:  cayman3000.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  73.6 KB

I think it's fabulous. Just wish I'd discovered it before they'd sold out
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

15. Likes JAGtime, Chase liked this post
    Breitling leaves me cold, except Transoceans. They DO look good, all of them.

Funny, Its Seiko for me...with one glaring exception the Monster... I just cant get enough of that watch in any variation. I have 2 now and am suprised I dont have more....

18. Likes pantagruel liked this post