Likes Likes:  64
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Addition for the Year

New Addition for the Year

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. And to celebrate the occasion, I have been hunting for a while a pair of watches for the two of us. I have also decided that for this purchase, I am going for precious metals, a first for both of us, though limiting to either yellow or rose gold.

So for the past few months, I have been visiting my regular ADs, looking, trying on, and finally, about 2 weeks back, I found what I really like, and I know my wife will also be smitten – I know her taste.

I am aware that with my budget for this purchase (though limited), I have a few options. But, looking at what we already owned, this will be a first in many ways:

First watch of precious metals
    First time owning this brand, and I would say very underrated.

May I present to you……

Name:  Chopard Boxes.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  35.5 KB

First, a glimpse of what I got for her:

Name:  Chopard Wife Cat.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  43.0 KB

A closer look....

Name:  Chopard Wife.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  43.1 KB

It's a manual-wind, in rose-gold. Well, when I presented this to her, she was grinning ear-to-ear. Told you I knew her taste!

And now, ....(drum-roll please.....) may I present to you mine:

Name:  Chopard Box.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  49.0 KB

Name:  Chopard ITB.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  Chopard Case Back S.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  54.5 KB

And now a wrist shot.

Name:  Chopard Wr.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  50.4 KB

Well both of us are grinning ear-to-ear.... Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. And to celebrate the occasion, I have been hunting for a while a pair of watches for the two of us. I have also decided that for this purchase, I am going for precious metals, a first for both of us, though limiting to either yellow or rose gold.

Well both of us are grinning ear-to-ear.... Thanks for reading.
    Nutty,

Both of those watches are just beautiful. Wear them in good health, and happy anniversary wishes to you both!

Jane
    Last edited by JAGtime; Jan 24, 2015 at 01:24 PM.

3. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Both are elegant for sure , but yours is Beautifully executed w/ the micro rotor & exhibition caseback.Congrats.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

5. Likes JAGtime, Nutty28 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Gorgeous! I'm not a precious metal guy, but those look fantastic. And happy anniversary as well!

7. Likes JAGtime, Nutty28 liked this post
    As Watchdaddy said, the first word that came to mind was elegant.

Happy Anniversary.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

9. Likes JAGtime, Nutty28 liked this post
    Oh yeah ..Happy Anniversary.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

11. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Beautiful. And Happy Anniversary.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

13. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Wonderful timepieces. Classy, beautiful watches.

Happy Anniversary!

15. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    L.U.C. The force is strong within you.

Those pieces just ooze class. Beautiful. I wish my wife cared about watches so I could give her something like this (and have her enjoy it).

Happy Anniversary.

17. Likes scottjc, Nutty28 liked this post
    Wow! Both are just gorgeous! I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear for you. Happy anniversary, and I wish you many, many, more.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

19. Likes Nutty28 liked this post