Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've concluded that bracelets are like champagne.

Hybrid View

I've concluded that bracelets are like champagne.

...if you've had low end champagne, but never the good stuff, you probably think champagne isn't very good. But once you've had the good stuff, your eyes open and you realize it bears no relation to the stuff you've tried in the past.

I've always been a strap guy for the most part, only having had experience with Citizen bracelets on pretty low end watches. But now, having experienced the wonderful comfort of the bracelets on my Breguet and my SubC, my eyes are open...

Plus, the whole matching strap color to belt and shoes becomes moot. So, I officially am open to both leather straps and high quality bracelets for future watches.

Yes, both necessities, and not just for special occasions.

I like both, and tend to agree with you're comparison too.

Like Champagne, price can also be misleading. There can be very good things to be had at lower prices, if you know where to look.

The bracelet on the Monster is a good example...
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Always a time & place for bracelets just like champagne.I'm not a bracelet man myself, but when it comes to my Rolex , Speedy & SMP I rather like the feel of them.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Although I often like the look of a leather strap I'm firmly in the bracelet camp, due to comfort more than anything else.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Blog Entries
    I used to hate bracelets, but now I've come around. But still, I'm very picky about them. Only a few in my collection, a Speedmaster on an older bracelet design (1138, I believe), and now my B-1. My MM300 is on a bracelet too, but I rarely wear it on it. It's comfortable, but I don't like the polished ends of the center links, same reason I got the older version of the Speednaster bracelet.

I like both to be honest- it can depend on the watch.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I like both to be honest- it can depend on the watch.
    Me too. Some watches I like on straps and some I like on bracelets. I love the PO on the bracelet but not the Speedmaster, and the Monaco doesn't have a bracelet option, but I think it's perfect on a Di-Modell rallye strap. I'm still searching for the perfect Speedy strap. I ordered the Omega coated nylon Nato (the same strap as the Speedy 45th anniversary but black) and it's taken a lifetime to get here. The strap was noticeably thicker than the regular Omega Nato and I hope it's what I've been looking for.

My first real taste of bracelet champagne was my 42mm Polar Explorer 2 and my Grand Seiko.

I used to wear nothing but quality bracelets. It is only recently that I have allowed straps into my life.