Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A quick this that or the other....

A quick this that or the other....

I was talking to MrsO about the post I made regarding Euro/$/GBP rates and how her spending power has improved for her up coming trip. She is taking #2 son to London and Rome.
    That's great she said obviously thinking of some great shopping opportunities (this also links in with the post about a patient wanting to pay me with PayPal but ultimately putting the money in MrsO's UK bank account.) So the holy shopping trinity is aligning...motivation,opportunity and money...she will also be away for her birthday and we have agreed that it would be best for all if she buys her own present while away.

Then came the surprising comment, "well if the rate is that good I need to get something for your birthday too, remember this is not you big one though" so no Moser/Journe/Chopard options this year.

I am still thinking something simple. Now the parameters are it must be physically available in a shop in central London with a max price of 2000 euro/ 1500 GBP but I can claim back the VAT as the watch leaves the UK so can be the ex-vat price. I was going to make a short list of options for her to choose from this is what I have got to so far....

I am not sure if the Montblanc is even released yet but it came up on the dress watch thread and looks great value to me.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Monblanc will likely not be in stores for next 2-3 months. Between Junghans and Nomos, my vote is for the Nomos.

I'd wait for the Montblanc release. If that isn't an option: Chronoscope.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes JAGtime, MarkO liked this post
    +1 Chronoscope.

7. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Unfortunately due to limited shopping opportunities waiting is not an option, (going without is an option rather than a poor purchase)
    I have spoken to Wempe in London and they were very helpful, the Max Bill range is usually in stock.
    I am tending towards that as I really preferred the 1989 Orion but that is out of stock for 12 weeks.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Savagely Average
    Generally speaking, I see a thread like this and think "Nomos, perfect!".....But the new Montblanc is a cut above!

10. Likes MarkO, OrangeSport liked this post
    I'd say get the Chronoscope now and add the Montblanc later on. Less overlap of dressy, silver-dialed watches that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Likes MarkO liked this post

A quick this that or the other....

I am not sure if the MB shown here is the one I saw at a boutique some weeks back. If it was, my only observation is that it somehow houses a small movement relative to the size of the watch. Not that it is a problem, just fell ..... weird.

Having said that, u like the MB dial better, followed by Nomos. Enjoy your shopping! Help the economy, spend more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is definitely something very special about the Chronoscope.

How big is the Nomos?