Likes Likes:  283
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWL Challenge: 1 brand, 3 watches, all you need for 20 years!

IWL Challenge: 1 brand, 3 watches, all you need for 20 years!

Here’s the game. You choose 1 brand and select 3 watches from their collection to use exclusively over the next 20 years. This is a personal choice. There is no budget. But you cannot trade, you cannot use any other brand and they must fit your life style. High end, affordable, divers only, doesn't matter. As long as it fits your lifestyle, now and 20 years from now.

Here’s the wildcard. You must have in your collection currently , at least 1 of the watches in this challenge.

A current wristy of your currently owned watch (or watches) is required.

A couple of lines on your watch philosophy will also be required.

This is a tough one. I asked the question thinking I had the answer, but now I want to think about it for a couple of days to think about it.

Who’s in?

P.S. There may be follow up threads regarding different budgets, lifestyles, and philosophies based on responses.

P.S,S. You must follow the rules!!! Not 4. Not 2, Not 1! You cannot enter 1 brand, then later change your mind and say, well maybe this brand...NO! My rules. I'm old and very strict. If I could reach your knuckles with a yard stick, I'd make them bleed.
    Last edited by Col Angus; Jan 25, 2015 at 11:22 PM.

2. Likes Bwana, Mew88, Matt, scottjc liked this post
    Omega

AT

neater

Speedmaster

In case NASA give me the call, hell it's twenty years and you never know.

SMP

beater

4. Likes CFR, Col Angus, JAGtime, popoki nui, muddy250 liked this post
    and which one(s) do you currently own?

Savagely Average
    My choice would be Citizen. The fit my general watch interest, enjoyable watches that are not too flashy. They are from a brand that makes great watches, but it will likely never breed contempt. I prefer solar over standard quartz, so Eco-Drive covers that base. They also offer a wide range of watches, a plus for this particular scenario....

The first one, I already own:

Citizen Signature Grand Classic

Name:  Grand Classic 01222015.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  15.1 KB

An Eco-Drive Promaster Diver. The minute hand is funky enough to keep it from being boring, but it is basic enough to be worn most anywhere.

Last would be a watch that I continue to eye, but have yet to purchase. Chronomaster

Col. On a point of order before I decide my answer, does Seiko include all possible sub-brands under the Seiko umbrella ?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Special occasions and dressy

Casual

Beater

9. Likes Domo, JAGtime, muddy250, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Col. On a point of order before I decide my answer, does Seiko include all possible sub-brands under the Seiko umbrella ?
    Excellent question! You know I thought about Seiko specifically and couldn't decide whether to include Credor and Grand Seiko in the mix. Thought it would be fine. But then figured given the scope of their collection feel it may be best to consider Credor and Grand Seiko separately.

This shouldn't impact any of the sub-brands negatively since each has a good number of pieces that could fill numerous needs. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rules must be followed. Back to drawing board as I was going to go Seiko/Grand Seiko/Credor.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

12. Likes Col Angus, M. Montaigne liked this post

IWL Challenge: 1 brand, 3 watches, all you need for 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Special occasions and dressy

Casual

Beater

OK JP, you can be grandfathered since no ruling on Seiko has been yet agreed to.

Assuming the GS is in your current collection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chronograph, because I've always had one and I actually use it:

Name:  Tudor Prince Date32.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  341.1 KB

when water is taken into consideration:

Name:  Tudor Black Bay46.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  386.7 KB

alarm wrist watch - casual

Name:  Tudor_Ad34.jpg
Views: 448