Likes Likes:  283
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IWL Challenge: 1 brand, 3 watches, all you need for 20 years!

SBGX091 for when I'm feeling punctual, SBGA075 for when I'm feeling smooth and SBGJ005 for when I'm feeling tightly-strung.

If I have to explain to you that I own these three watches then frankly you're not paying enough attention to my posts

This is a great excuse (since money is no object) to get my grubby paws on a 1655. I'd add my DJ 16200, then Explorer 1 14270. This is good for 20 years, plus 20 more. (borrowed pics except for DJ)

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    my other option

Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    and which one(s) do you currently own?
    All of them, they are all my own pictures, as are these:

I've owned the SMP for getting on for twenty years already. It's never let me down and I have abused it terribly.

The AT has a 'B' revision coaxial movement which still beats at 28,800. I bought it new, So I guess that must be getting on for a decade

As for the Speedmaster, hell, I've probably only had that for seven or eight years, but that's mainly because I made the mistake of getting a Reduced first and it took me a while to admit that it's just not the same thing. It's not.

5. Likes geoffbot, Col Angus, -JP, JAGtime, muddy250 liked this post
    So a Grand Seiko isn't a Seiko despite the tedious effort they go to to put both Seiko and Grand Seiko on the dials?

7. Likes I-B, -JP, FuzzyB liked this post

IWL Challenge: 1 brand, 3 watches, all you need for 20 years!

Ok, I will play.....

My "collection" approach is to avoid any similar look and feel. This has helped me greatly in minimizing any impulsive purchases.

I would pick JLC in this instance ( I already the first two shown)

JLC Navy Seals Alarm - badass, and tough enough to take most beating (based on my definition of course)

JLC Reverso 986 Duo - I can wear this on most formal occasions, and yet versatile enough to be worn with jeans if need be., or an evening night out.

JLC Master Ultra Thin - when the occasion calls for a dressy piece, this will meet the mark. Hopefully, I can own this beauty in the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great JLC choices, although if a Grand Seiko isn't a Seiko, then a Reverso has to count as two watches.

10. Likes Der Amf, Nutty28, MarkO, FuzzyB, Colin liked this post
    Normally I would say Grand Seiko, but I like a good Dive Watch and their offerings are 44mm and too big for my liking, so i'll go with Omega (sorry Domo)

Name:  atgrey.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  54.4 KBName:  IMAG1316.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  45.7 KBName:  mark-ii-showroom.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  50.0 KB

12. Likes iyonk, Der Amf, -JP, JAGtime, CFR, muddy250 liked this post
    I'm not expecting any 'like' but just for fun of this thread, these would be them.. all casio g-shock, since i have spare parts for these.. and i love this particular model dearly..

thank God this thread is fiction! to bad there's no automatic/mechanical casio.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I've got a late 60s Skyliner manual (37mm)

Name:  sl19.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  61.2 KB

I would like an early 70s Lord Marvel manual (34mm)

Name:  Blue dial seiko manual.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  77.1 KB

and an SBGW047 manual (38mm) which was released recently in an LE

Name:  GS SBGW047.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  31.0 KB

As you might have guessed, my watch philosophy is: manual, no numerals, central seconds, no date, sub-40mm, on a strap

Obligatory wrist shot:

Name:  sl12.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  39.6 KB

Sadly the blue dial on that Lord Marvel is inauthentic, the watch was only released with light dials