Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARCHERY, anyone?

2. Likes geoffbot, Matt liked this post
    One thing I love about that video is that he's clearly still quite a dork. Despite being able to murder a roomful of people in 10 seconds.

4. Likes Chronopolitano, TokyoLunch, pepperami liked this post
    Good god!
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Damn. He scary. And funny.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    One thing I love about that video is that he's clearly still quite a dork. Despite being able to murder a roomful of people in 10 seconds.
    I think THAT is where the artistry lies.

8. Likes cedargrove liked this post
    I have to say, I did underestimate this ancient form of fighting, and always thought (and laughed at the idea of) people shooting anybody with an arrow intentionally. I always thought they just shot as many as they could and hoped for the best, unless it was close quarters.
    But on horseback and sheeat? Pfft!

I will now go to the bathroom, hold my precious in my hand, bow my head and repent my ignorance and unfounded arrogance.

Having spent many years with a bow in my hand this guy is amazing........batshit crazy but still amazing.

He may as pointed out earlier look like a bit of a dork, but he is clearly a deadly form of alpha dork.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

11. Likes Der Amf, cedargrove liked this post

That's very very cool indeed - thanks for finding it.

As an avid archer of many disciplines myself, I'd say he's impressive...but not as much as you'd think. The art of freestyle shooting is an extension of the hand/arm, quite easy mastered actually...like throwing a ball(instinctive), but his speed is an acquired skill.

I'd kick his butt in target or field archery, my bows are a far heavier poundage pull also. An interesting fact about bow power Mr.C, if you shoot a gun at a 5 gallon bucket of sand...the bullet stops half way thru, if you shoot an arrow it zips right thru the bucket of sand hardly slowing down. The bow is an accurate and deadly weapon, early warriors used heavy bows pulling 100 pounds or more....made from whale bone or animal horn.

15. Likes MarkO, geoffbot liked this post