Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, the new Christopher Ward. I likey.

akasnowmaaan

So, the new Christopher Ward. I likey.

Haven't seen this new line here yet. Looks like they are going whole hog on the new diver line.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/trident-videos.html

It looks like they've refined the previous Trident, fixed the dumb date window, and gone for a dressy dial with a beefy diver body. ETA/Selita diver, COSC diver, and GMT 4-hander with GMT bezel. Buch of colors and even two sizes. They are betting BIG on this one.

I really really didn't think I wanted another watch, but I've been looking for a travel/fun watch that's nice, but not Speedy/Nomos nice.

Anyone else keeping an eye on these?

Looks nice with the white face...
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

We had a short thread on this but I can't find it

Ah it was hiding on the Affordable Forum

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...o-new-Tridents

I got to be honest. I didn't like the old one and I like the new one even less.

5. Likes Upstate, Uber liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I got to be honest. I didn't like the old one and I like the new one even less.
    I'm with you
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Big improvement over the old one, which I liked a lot, took it on many dives but I wish they would have fully indexed the bezel.

Except for the hour hand, it looks pretty good to me, especially the GMT version . I can think of lots of watches I'd choose ahead of CW, though.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Still not loving it that much, but better than before.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Have to admit I like it when my eyes come across pictures of the new ones with their own COSC movement, such as this one I just stole from the CW Forum:

Name:  CW COSC.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  49.8 KB

Got a hint of the Fisher Price about it, but in a wholesome way. Anyone thinking of getting one?

PS think they should have got a new date wheel for this model, with a font that matches the rest of the watch, but hey

Strong bump. It's nice enough...you're right about the date wheel font though, though I probably wouldn't have noticed had you not pointed it out....
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague