Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member saying hello

New Member saying hello

Hello my name is Nigel, Ive just joined today I have a small collection of watches 5 in total which ive arrived at after a few years of early learning I am fairly new to the hobby and it has been a growing passion over the past 5 years, there has been a lot to learn and ive no doubt got a lot more to learn yet and therefore much more enjoyment to come. I started with the well known budget brands such as Accurist, Sekonda and Rotary. These I sold on and moved over to Citizen and Seiko. My most recent purchases have been 3 homage watches, these being an Alpha Planet Ocean, Alpha Paul Newman Daytona and most recently a Parnis Portuguese Power Reserve. I have a growing interest in the watch movements and like the latter for their Sea-Gull automatic and manual movements (as well as for their value for money and looks). My best watch at the moment is a Citizen Promaster Excalibur 200m Dive watch, and my Seiko is a T92 qtz chrono. At the moment I am hoping to add my first luxury watch and have in my sights the Longines Hydro-Conquest Automatic 41mm probably with black bezel and face. Looking forward to adding some pictures and enjoying learning more via the forum many thanks and kind regards.

Nigel

2. Likes is that my watch, muddy250 liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Glad to be the first to welcome you to IWL, Nigel! Post up some pics of your watches when you have a chance!

4. Likes Nigel liked this post

6. Likes Nigel liked this post
    Thanks chaps i will post some photos asap

hiya and welcome the parnis power reserve is a good choice did you go for the silver dial or the white dial the sunburst silver is very taking but there was not that many made before they swapped to the white dial
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Welcome to the best forum on the web..Let's see whatcha got..
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Blog Entries

I recently picked up a couple of Citizens. My first experience with the brand and I'm really enjoying them.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Welcome

Thanks for joining us.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx