Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wow!

Ernie approached more than one person to become the nominal ‘head’ following the sale. JohnF may have been the first.

Welcome. This,this place right here, this place is the best. You will be happy here.

I can't thank our creators enough.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

3. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Broker, but no struggle I promise.

As Alan noted, there were others on that list.

My leaving WUS had as much to do with my personal situation as the site. My mom was dying and I knew I wouldn't be able to continue to dedicate so much time to a hobby. Being Admin was really never an option, though, of course, it was flattering to be asked.

FWIW, I wouldn't have been a good choice anyway. I'm not techy enough, watchey enough, or patient enough.

I got a watch from Ernie for my birthday one year. It's a nice watch and a was a very sweet gesture. Ernie was always very nice to me though we did have words after I left the site for IWL. I believe it hurt his feelings, though I think he was being unreasonable to expect we would all simply continue as before.

All water under the bridge now. I would have left WUS with or without IWL and I have no hard feelings toward anyone there or here. There are members there I miss and some I don't.

Anyway...WELCOME! We are certainly glad to have you here.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    I just discovered IWL, and after a quick glance, I’m excited. Seems to be what that other forum used to be and I’ve really missed that. I already recognize some usernames from the good ol days of WUS. I look forward to taking part, here
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of have!

Dan

6. Likes ctimrun liked this post
    A belated welcome! Already enjoying your posts. And yes, this place is awesome, people just like each other. Oh, and watches, too.

Welcome. It is generally much better here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk