Likes Likes:  54

View Poll Results: what would you choose?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wempe diver

8 27.59%
  • Rolex Sea Dweller

10 34.48%
  • GS SBGV005

6 20.69%
  • GS SBGV007

2 6.90%
  • Wempe sport

3 10.34%
  • Omega AT

8 27.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: i turn 40 soon... (warning lots of pics in this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    I have seen to Wempe's in person and they are really well made watches.

Something about holding them live that pictures cannot capture, as I was way more impressed that I thought I would be.
    they are bargains for what they offer. The price you pay for them is fair, cos they don't have a marketing budget that the customer has to pay for

My vote goes for the AT. I have to agree with the OP, it's almost perfect and one I'd like to have in the collection eventually! Wempe is an interesting brand and I'm sure they are good quality pieces, but I find the one you selected, a bit bland for my taste. I appreciate that they were one of the five official watch makers to supply the B-Uhren, and they have an interesting history, but they are a bit too conservative for me.

Hope you have fun choosing your 40th anniversary gift. After all, it happen only once in your life!

I know I didn't miss the opportunity when it was my 40th anniversary
    ~Daniel~

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Hope you have fun choosing your 40th anniversary gift. After all, it happen only once in your life!

I know I didn't miss the opportunity when it was my 40th anniversary
    40 is the new 22

5. Likes DM71 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Wempe is an interesting brand and I'm sure they are good quality pieces, but I find the one you selected, a bit bland for my taste. I appreciate that they were one of the five official watch makers to supply the B-Uhren, and they have an interesting history,
    clever remark, you did your homework

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    It's interesting no doubt, but perhaps I'm the only one who has gotten tired of explaining my watch every time someone asks about it.

It's like the Top Gear thing. Once you have to explain something ("It's a Vauxhall, but it's a VXR, it's the performance line, it's a Nissan, but it's a GT-R") it just loses its mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    You are too kind, let say I did a lot of reading on pilot watches 7 or 8 years ago when I started having interest for them. To be honest, I had never looked at anything else but pilot watches from Wempe. So all the models you shown, I had never seen them. It's a brand we rarely see for sure.
    ~Daniel~