Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aerospace Service

Aerospace Service

Anyone here ever had an Aerospace service? A guy on Reddit just posted that he had a service for about $1200. Seems excessive to me, especially given Breitling lists a full-service for ana-digi at ~$500. He did say they replaced the gold bezel indicators at ~$50/ea. That could obviously add a little if it's not actually part of the full service, but $1200??? You can almost buy a pre-owned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    but $1200??? You can almost buy a pre-owned for that.
    And then spend $1200 on a service
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

LOL. The guy expounded. I guess they replaced the movement, crystal, gold markers, dial, hands, and spring-thingy in the clasp. So, essentially a brand new watch. I guess that's worth the $1200.

Tis a consideration for sure. I'd be skeptical of a seller who says 'recently serviced' on a reasonably priced used watch. I don't know if that price is normal for breitling. It's more then an omega chronograph can be (I guess depending on what they change). Maybe they replace the whole quartz module?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    It also depends on the country that you have it serviced in. Breitling USA is very "rapey" on their servicing practices/prices. I refuse to send my Emergency in that I spent $1200 for a $1000 service. So I change my own batteries.