Likes Likes:  79
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurrecting OLD threads... there a PROBLEM?

Question Resurrecting OLD threads... there a PROBLEM?

Not that this place is old enough to HAVE any old threads, but, generally speaking. WHY do so many people, - and in some forums, the mods especially - get so annoyed when people resurrect old threads ?

And if it is THAT annoying, why not lock it?

I *just* saw one (yet another) such example at the other place, and I thought the mod was rather annoying himself with his expression of annoyance, the crusty dweeb.

I swear, you'd think somebody woke him up at 3AM and forced him to walk across a football field that was covered in 2 feet of snow just to turn on the vents in an outhouse... AND had to make eggs n toast for strangers.
    Sheesh! What is UP with people?

Feel free to vent, or enlighten.
    Last edited by Chronopolitano; Jan 31, 2015 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post

and where have YOU been ! Name:  impatientsmilie.gif
Views: 219
Size:  7.9 KB

3. Likes popoki nui, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    and where have YOU been ! Name:  impatientsmilie.gif
Views: 219
Size:  7.9 KB

I actually have a life!! Who knew.
    Entertaining a friend from Espana. Fun, but a lot of work actually.

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    I think it's not so much the resurrection that is annoying, but the circumstance. For instance, a 3 year old thread is normally resurrected by a member with 30 posts to say "LOL" or "My friend's dad just got a Rolex like that and it's great"
    If someone resurrects a thread with a topical and worthwhile opinion, I'm all for it. It can be a bit testy when the threads are super long though because you don't know/care what's been said before.

7. Likes jsw41, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    I think it's not so much the resurrection that is annoying, but the circumstance. For instance, a 3 year old thread is normally resurrected by a member with 30 posts to say "LOL" or "My friend's dad just got a Rolex like that and it's great"
    If someone resurrects a thread with a topical and worthwhile opinion, I'm all for it. It can be a bit testy when the threads are super long though because you don't know/care what's been said before.

I still don't get it.
    So what?
    Why not just ignore it?

And it it really more work for the mods? I cannot imagine why it would be.
    And IF it really is, why not lock it then, if there has been no post after, say, 2 weeks??

9. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I hate resurrected threads. Especially the ones where there's been no activity for three or four years. I dislike reading a new comment and then having to trawl through the rest of the thread to find the relevant comment that the new poster is addressing.

While I understand the frustration some people feel at reading yet another thread that covers an overdone topic over and over again, i.e. "Which is better, Rolex or Omega?" (usually started by some newbie), I would prefer to see a new thread started because that's when older members will appear with either a link to a similar (or exact same) thread, or a recommendation to try using the 'search' function.

And that, thrillseekers, is why resurrected threads annoy me so much.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Not that this place is old enough to HAVE any old threads, but, generally speaking. WHY do so many people, - and in some forums, the mods especially - get so annoyed when people resurrect old threads ?

And if it is THAT annoying, why not lock it?

I *just* saw one (yet another) such example at the other place, and I thought the mod was rather annoying himself with his expression of annoyance, the crusty dweeb.

I swear, you'd think somebody woke him up at 3AM and forced him to walk across a football field that was covered in 2 feet of snow just to turn on the vents in an outhouse... AND had to make eggs n toast for strangers.
    Sheesh! What is UP with people?

especially for you >> http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...er-checking-in

Juan mo time:
    Why trawl?
    Why not just cheerfully ignore it, and glide by like a UFO over a cow pasture?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    I hate resurrected threads. Especially the ones where there's been no activity for three or four years. I dislike reading a new comment and then having to trawl through the rest of the thread to find the relevant comment that the new poster is addressing.

And that, thrillseekers, is why resurrected threads annoy me so much.

Blog Entries
    Juan mo time:
    Why trawl?
    Why not just cheerfully ignore it, and glide by like a UFO over a cow pasture?
    You're kidding! They glide over cow pastures!?

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    You're kidding! They glide over cow pastures!?
    Udderly fascinating.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

15. Likes DJW GB, CamB, Seriously, JAGtime, jsw41 liked this post